• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues please let us know in this thread!

Wrong model firmware installed, what should I do?

SamT91

Jun 24, 2015
Wrong model firmware installed :(

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5110). I needed to downgrade the firmware to 4.1.1 in order to test an application.

I followed a tutorial which contained links of firmware without realising that there is also a 7 inch version of the tablet. I have accidentally installed the 7 inch firmware and now the screen is non-responsive and the content does not fill the entire screen. I am currently stuck on the start up screen where you select the language.

When I open Kies the tablet is being recognised as the 7 inch model and tries to upgrade the firmware for that version.

I have downloaded the correct firmware, placed the tablet in recovery mode and tried installing the new firmware using odin but it keeps failing.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> P5110XXDNH2_P5110OXADNH2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks