wtf???? keyboard issue

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
hey guys, just upgraded to jb 4.2.2. other than noticing that this updates ui give nothing more than adding move to sd option and the ui moving even closer to a phablet ui, i also noticed a stupid, f**ked-up "feature" is retained from 4.1.1. at first i thought it was just a glitch, but its obvious now that its not,its a samsung add-on that forces you to use the samsung keyboard preloaded with the device. Heres the problem:
Whenever i connect, via usb or bluetooth, a keyboard or mouse, i get the prompt: "to use bluetooth/usb keyboard/mouse, you must set input method to samsung keyboard." So i did i quick test to make sure that the google keyboard does not block HID interfaces [human interactive device]:
I opened google and started a search. From there it was a matter of speed:
I connected the keyboard, holding down the x key. The google keyboard was equiped. As soon as the keyboard connected, the x key was recocnized. Milliseconds later, i got the you-know-what prompt. So my question is:
Is there any way i can block this "enhancement"? And a word to samsung:
Your keyboard sucks. Don't block other ones.

Posted via Android Central App

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure what your problem is? I paired my Bluetooth keyboard and it works fine! I did have to re-pair it after the upgrade!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried to use a different keyboard on my Tab 2! I looked at some keyboards to try and they did not have the top row of numbers that I find very helpful. Sorry I can not help you!