xiaomi mi 9t unlocking

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am locked out of my mind 9t.
I have no Sim card in it.The boots up but I have forgotten the password for the MI account. Trying to wipe the phone clean to give it away. How can I recover that password?I even tried to put aside card in it but no go.Is there away to do this?
Thanks for any help

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, did you factory reset in settings?
If not do the factory reset in recovery and it will ask for your Google account information

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
that's what I tried to do to begin with, factory resetting that I could give it away but now it's stuck in just asking for the MI Account password. As I said it boots up gets wi fi going but nothing else. No home screen no icons can't get anywhere without that MI password

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
that's what I tried to do to begin with, factory resetting that I could give it away but now it's stuck in just asking for the MI Account password. As I said it boots up gets wi fi going but nothing else. No home screen no icons can't get anywhere without that MI password
Thats the proper way in settings, not sure why it's asking for account , this Google account?

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
it's not asking for the Google Account it's asking for the MI Account password,which unfortunately I have long forgotten

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
xiaomi MI 9t phone.I guess it's part of the software that is like a second security that is offered by all Xiaomi
MI phones. Xiaomi MI 9,MI 10,MI 11
etc...

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Can you not try to recover your mi account password via a desktop PC? I'm kinda feeling there maybe a "forgotten password" feature on the Webb page. If not try contacting them directly.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have tried everything I could think of short of calling Xiaomi but there is no way I can succeed with this phone.All suggestion I got from you guys plus some more. There must be a solution somewhere but I am at the end of my wits!

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have tried Reset Password with the only phone number then with the only email address I have and the message I get is that there is no MI Account there,yet it keeps asking for the MI password!

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
it only belong to me bought from b&h used it very little and tried it to reset it to out of box condition to give it to my grandson and that's when it happened. I don't think there is anything wrong with the phone it has to be a software problem. Thanks for all your help.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Any luck since. I have two Xiaomi phones, both on the same Xiaomi account. I think you can request a password change, but did you buy it independently, ie without a receipt or email from Mi/Xiaomi which would have the account number. I've never reset them but could have looked in to it. Their chat system was reasonably good.