[XZ2 compact] Gboard settings popping up after every boot

giokve

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
The first thing that pops up every time I restart my phone is the gboard app, telling me that everything is all set. It happens every time I restart my phone. I have tried uninstalling and installing gboard again, pressing the "done" button, closing it, with no luck. Has anyone ever had this same problem with gboard or any other app?

Screenshot_20180621-063342.jpg

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
No, I meant the system cache. I don’t know exactly how you would wipe the system cache partition on that phone, but I doubt that it differs from the standard procedure. Power off, boot into Recovery, and proceed from there.

Any passing Sony users may offer more detailed instructions. :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The cache of Gboard? Yes I have, to no avail. Thank you.
Welcome to the forums. It seems that something got stuck in the setup process, but not sure if it could be a problem with your phone system or with the Gboard app itself.

A couple of ideas. Did you deny Gboard permission to access your contacts? Have you already tried clicking on that 'additional languages' message and then go back? Have you double checked in the 'language & input' settings that Gboard is set as default?

Also, I need to double check but I'm almost sure that the XZ2 series include the seamless updates/dual partition feature and don't have a cache partition.

giokve

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
Fixed. It wasn't the permission to the contacts but storage. I'm sure I wasn't asked about it though, having also reinstalled it twice. Thank you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Fixed. It wasn't the permission to the contacts but storage. I'm sure I wasn't asked about it though, having also reinstalled it twice. Thank you.
Excellent! Thanks for the follow up, it'll be very helpful for other users with a similar problem. See you around the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcj001