Yahoo Mail Badge

duedermont

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed on the default yahoo "email" icon and the yahoo mail app i downloaded from the market doesn't have the option to place a badge on its icon for the number of unread messages I have. Is there a way around this through another app? I grew used to seeing a badge from using my old iphone.

I've seen people mention K9 mail app, does that have a badge for its icon when I place it in my launcher?

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No it does not has a unread messages badge. I have been using K-9 for over a year and it also does not has any badge.

You can use a launcher like ADW or Go Launcher EX...they both have notification add-ons...ADWNotifier and Go Launcher Notification EX. They both show unread message count on K-9, Gmail and text messaging app.

duedermont

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
No it does not has a unread messages badge. I have been using K-9 for over a year and it also does not has any badge.

You can use a launcher like ADW or Go Launcher EX...they both have notification add-ons...ADWNotifier and Go Launcher Notification EX. They both show unread message count on K-9, Gmail and text messaging app.

I installed go launcher ex and the optional installer app but it only gives me an option to put a badge on the gmail icon wheras im using Yahoo email via K9. Is therea way to geta badge on theK9 icon?

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It might be possible that Go Launcher Notification EX doesn't work with K-9, I use ADW with ADWNotifier and it works with K-9. The only problem is that it gets out of sync with the notification bar unread message count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63