Yahoo Mail Help

wayne22

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I've been trying to set up a yahoo account for about 2 weeks now on my droid and it just won't work I've seach threads of how to do it I found one ideal but it didn't work so can anyone please tell me how to set it up cause I need to kn ow how to do asap

NEKRO

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid/1566-how-set-up-yahoo-email-account. html

I dont have 10 post yet, but just connect the HTML to the link

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i've gone through this several times and ended up with just frustration and anger at the end. there is no way to fully get email on droid if not via web. sure, you may get it to work a few times but it will eventually stop working. stop wasting your time and frustration and dump yahoo email. i was an avid yahoo emailer for the longest time and because of this i eventually switched it all to a gmail account. i don't know if it's yahoo actually seeking out these types of access and shutting them, but i got to the point that i just didn't care about the reason anymore and dumped yahoo. my email addresses for almost a decade now i had went ahead and switched. wasn't an easy decision, but all my emailing work well now.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you have wifi off when you try to setup the yahoo mail.

What exact error message are you getting?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just deleted a bunch of posts in this thread. If your post was deleted and you need an explanation, please PM me.

To the OP: did you get it working? If not, please provide a little more detail about what you did and what problem you're running in to.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I also followed the detailed directions in the above link. It would work for a few days then stop. I was also at the point one member was (above) and was ready to just give up completely on yahoo.

I don't know what happened or changed. but about the third time I set it up according to the details instructions in the above link - it just worked and has bern almost blackberry flawless for a fe weeks now.

Be patient with it. give it another and another shot. It will eventually work. has anyone else had the same experience?

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
You can forward your Yahoo emails to your Gmail account. I do this and it makes things a lot easier for me.

If you don't have a Yahoo Mail Plus account (paid service) then you have to follow a workaround to get it working.

How to Forward Incoming Yahoo Emails to Gmail Free without Mail Plus ?

How to Forward Incoming Yahoo Emails to Gmail Free without Mail Plus ?

a reader Alex Martin asked "hi.i hav an account on yahoo.i wanna make a new on gmail.tel me is it possible to get all mails of yahoo on gmail and how ?". Of Course Its Possible..but the main problem was mail forwarding feature was not available to free yahoo accounts. But here is a work around to forward your incoming yahoo mail to your Gmail account.

Free POP & Email forwarding on Yahoo Mail – Settings

* Sign in to you yahoo mail.
* Then click on your name beside the Yahoo Mail logo to reveal the drop down menu.

Free POP & Email forwarding on Yahoo Mail Settings
* Choose “Edit My Account”.
* You will then be asked to verify you account, Just key in again your password.
* Next, edit your yahoo information. Click the Edit link beside the “Member Information” Line.
* Change the preferred content to YAHOO ASIA.
* Then click Finished.
* Accept the Terms of Service (TOS) for yahoo Asia.
* After this, you will be brought back to your email homepage. You should see the YAHOO Asia logo on the top left of your screen.

We can now enable POP access and Email Forwarding.
Forwarding your Yahoo Mails to Gmail

* Look for Options to the upper-right.
* Click on it and choose "Mail Options" from the drop-down.
* Click "POP & Forwarding" from the menu on the left.
* Click the link that comes up to the right ("Set up or edit POP & Forwarding ")

* Click the Forwarding radio button and enter your Gmail address.

* Click the Save button to the lower left.

Done, Now you emails your get at Yahoo will be forwarded to your Gmail Account.
Transferring your Contacts from Yahoo to Gmail

1. Open your Gmail account. Go to Settings.
2. Click on the "Accounts and Import" Tab. Enter the passwords for your Yahoo! mail account.
3. Select the import options you want to use. You can decide to import all your contacts, and old mail, or some portion of thereof.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
yahoo must have got wise to this workaround. I just tried it and even after successfullly switching to yahoo asia, there was no option for pop & forwarding. oh well.