Yahoo Mail - Just Stopped Working

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
sometimes a reboot will do wonders. have you tried just turning your phone off and then on again? That is usually the first thing I do when i have a problem and more times than not it fixes the problem.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I was able to use yahoo mail via imap for about 2 weeks, then it just stopped no matter what I did. I think they block your account once they cast some kind of a "net" on those users who circumvent their paid service.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
My account stopped syncing, saying login failed. Reboot doesn't help, tries to delete and re-add account, unable to validate my info. Confirmed username and password are correct, everything. Tried the K-9 app, says only tmo users can get free yahoo email.

I'm just gonna stop using yahoo. Screw it.

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that this happened to me also initially a few days ago and then all of a sudden, yesterday it started working again. I didn't do anything differently. Also, by the way, I'm using the "free" account.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Since Yahoo does not formally support IMAP, and support POP3 only for paid accounts, I'd think that it would probably work unreliably more as the norm.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
So I'm trying to add it back to my phone but it can't authenticate.

Has anyone had luck adding it? Can you confirm settings for me please?

Also, I was told you can forward yahoo into your gmail via pc but I wasn't able to get it to work. Any insight on this working or not?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaibh