Yet another DL30 bug post. Sms problems.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm big on texting. Who isn't when they have a beautiful phone like this?

Anyway, I've been having this problem where I will send texts and never get a reply back until I reboot my phone. I'll text my girlfriend a couple of messages and never get one back. Then I reboot my phone and then about 5 minutes later, she says "I just got all of your texts at one time." So, I don't know what to do.

There are so many bugs on DL30 and I'm wondering if flashing back to DL09 and doing the new ota update would fix my problems.

Wut do, guys?

Sent from a Samsing Fascinate with Froyo, which is the latest we'll ever see. Using Tapatalk.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm big on texting. Who isn't when they have a beautiful phone like this?

Anyway, I've been having this problem where I will send texts and never get a reply back until I reboot my phone. I'll text my girlfriend a couple of messages and never get one back. Then I reboot my phone and then about 5 minutes later, she says "I just got all of your texts at one time." So, I don't know what to do.

There are so many bugs on DL30 and I'm wondering if flashing back to DL09 and doing the new ota update would fix my problems.

Wut do, guys?

Sent from a Samsing Fascinate with Froyo, which is the latest we'll ever see. Using Tapatalk.

i think that may be a network problem,, is she on sprint or At&t,,,,, did you try flashing a new modem with odin?

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
i think that may be a network problem,, is she on sprint or At&t,,,,, did you try flashing a new modem with odin?

She has at&t. And I tried flashing DJ05 a little while back but then flashed DL09 again for some odd reason. I don't know whats going on. Lol.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
She has at&t. And I tried flashing DJ05 a little while back but then flashed DL09 again for some odd reason. I don't know whats going on. Lol.

i would wipe clean to stock and start over, if its still a problem, it may very well be your area,most likely on the AT&T side

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So use that thread that you posted on flashing back to stock and just go from there? Sounds like a plan, once I have the time. Lol. Thanks for the help.

I would hit a thanks button, but I'm on tapatalk. My parents are hogging my Macbook. :mad:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So use that thread that you posted on flashing back to stock and just go from there? Sounds like a plan, once I have the time. Lol. Thanks for the help.

I would hit a thanks button, but I'm on tapatalk. My parents are hogging my Macbook. :mad:

ah, no worries brother,,,later when you are on, look at the bottom of my signature there is a link to the fascinate wiki, all you need is there, post 13 and 14 i think

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i would wipe clean to stock and start over, if its still a problem, it may very well be your area,most likely on the AT&T side

This is actually a bug i've seen something similar to before in android. What happens (typically) is the SMS send, but sit in the outbox as well marked as though they didn't send. Reboot your phone and the hiccup breaks and they send again. I agree with the factory reset suggestion. I've never seen it present itself reliably, and has something to do with having been out of service while traveling, I.E. you leave service with tower A and pick service back up with tower B 20 miles away. If you travel out of service check to make sure they say sent when you get back in. Although to be honest i've only seen this on eclair, first a few LG allys, and my fascinate did it a couple times on DI01.

Thinking about it I would say flash to stock DI01, flash to DL09, then reflash DL30 and see if maybe you don't just have a bad bit stuck in your modem that DJ05 didn't replace.

Edit: see what I get for responding to a page I left open a bit ago? LOL

Last edited:

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Can do, thank you so much again. I'll see what I can do with this thing. I might just go all the way back to stock and do the OTA for DL09 and then that next one that no one seemed to want. Lol. I will just wait for the official froyo. This froyo is nice, but I don't feel like dealing with bugs any more. :p

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I dun get it. Lol.

Just seemed out of place to me after I posted it. I missed that last exchange with you and DroidXcon or I would have not seemed like I had ignored him.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerHapZ