**you have 1 hour to respond**

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
On my way to the Verizon store in 1 hour...

I have finally decided to pull the trigger on an GN2 but the color choice is killing me. I think I actually like the white better but subconsciously I have a mental block that white = iThing so I am drawn towards the brushed gray. I have held both in my hands for 10 minutes and the white looks bigger and has more of a look at me factor but I also like the subdued feel of the gray not being so in your face. I know only I can decide but I have 2 questions:

1) For those with the white how well does it hold up to not looking dirty and grimy

2) For anyone who has picked one color and regretted it which did you pick and why did you regret it.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the white one and I love it. It looks the same as the day I got it. IMHO the grey one looks just like any other phone except for the size, but the white one stands out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have grey. Grey looks more manly imo. Like holding a piece of steel in your hand. White is more dainty. Almost all the women I know that have smart phones go white. White seems to be the go to choice for women. What does it matter in the long run cuz you will probably cover it up with a case. I know I did. Im not made of money and cant go and buy a new phone anytime I want.

Last edited:

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have white, grey is professional looking.
Does not get dirty because it is glossy.
You can always get a flip cover. I have an orange one, so some days I have an orange phone

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I didnt mean to generalize that all women like the white, its just my perception of women in my local area with white iphones.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm a woman and I have gray, and yes, it's partly because I still associate white with Apple products. Also I just love the grey metallic look.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have white. I am hoping when people look at me they can tell my gender and professionalism, or lack there of by how I present myself. Not the color of my watch or shoes or phone lol. What did ya get?
I associate iOS with apple products, but that is just me:eek:

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
On my way to the Verizon store in 1 hour...

I have finally decided to pull the trigger on an GN2 but the color choice is killing me. I think I actually like the white better but subconsciously I have a mental block that white = iThing so I am drawn towards the brushed gray. I have held both in my hands for 10 minutes and the white looks bigger and has more of a look at me factor but I also like the subdued feel of the gray not being so in your face. I know only I can decide but I have 2 questions:

1) For those with the white how well does it hold up to not looking dirty and grimy

2) For anyone who has picked one color and regretted it which did you pick and why did you regret it.

I am not a Note 2 owner, YET.....hope to be in the next couple months and that is my same problem (I know, such a problem), picking the color, as I do like both......for some reason I agree that I think the eye is drawn to the White so much more, and there is just a special look to it, but I too worry about the 'dirty', 'showing scratches', factors. I think the grey is 'safe', wont show dirt or age, but perhaps a more common color as I plan on having this phone for almost 2 years. Wish I could create a Poll in this forum to see how many chose White or Grey

Mar

bdbear68

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I think grey looks very professional. I disagree with those that said the grey looks like every other phone. I haven't seen too many phones with the brushed metal look. White is trendy IMO. I feel like white might go out of style in 6 months and you would be out of luck.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd pick the grey over white as well. White is ok, but i still prefer grey. I suggest go with what you're liking. They both will work the same way...

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
1: The Titanium looks awesome. The brushed metal look it has is the best I've seen yet.
2: I didn't want my phone to look like an "iNote 2"
3: You're most likely going to get a case for it anyway which covers 95% of the phone anyway.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I quickly skimmed through this thread and didn't see this mentioned so I thought it would be an excellent idea to point it out:

On the White Galaxy Note 2 the capacitive Menu and Back buttons have substantial light bleeding in a circle around the actual cut-through area. Basically, the plastic lights up in a filled ring around the buttons. The Titanium variant does not have this at all.

For that alone, I would go with the Titanium.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I quickly skimmed through this thread and didn't see this mentioned so I thought it would be an excellent idea to point it out:

On the White Galaxy Note 2 the capacitive Menu and Back buttons have substantial light bleeding in a circle around the actual cut-through area. Basically, the plastic lights up in a filled ring around the buttons. The Titanium variant does not have this at all.

I noticed that in the store comparing the colors. I kinda like the little glow lol.

Getting over geting bent out of shape about color, who really cares. Get what appeals to you, not me:D

Whatever you decided, hopefully you got the note 2! You have been gone forever ha ha.....

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I should also quickly note you get a little LED glow as well. Kinda bleeds onto the periphery, love it or hate it.

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The Titanium Gray looks professional like what everybody says... The Marble White is like a party phone IMO...
I chose the Gray 'cause it looks real nice with a steel look and it makes the screen looks bigger when watching your media...

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the white one and I love it. It looks the same as the day I got it. IMHO the grey one looks just like any other phone except for the size, but the white one stands out.

Apple has played white out, Also if your not putting a case on it your asking for a bad ending, a few members on this forum have already dropped and broken their phones that didnt have cases.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Wow, thank you for that very important information that could be a big deal.....that may have clinched my decision when the time comes (hurry up, I want this phone sooooo bad!)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781