"Your device has failed verification and may not work properly"

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hm, this is strange.

One day, it randomly rebooted and showed the following;
image.jpg
Despite what it said, the phone still continues to work fine without any ill-effects aside from the inability to use Android Pay and other SafetyNet apps.

Bootloader has not been unlocked and has not been rooted at all.

Just wondering if anyone else knows this as this doesn't bother me as much since I'll probably be unlocking the bootloader sometime later down the road, so I won't be using Android Pay anyway.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hm, this is strange.

One day, it randomly rebooted and showed the following;
View attachment 249077
Despite what it said, the phone still continues to work fine without any ill-effects aside from the inability to use Android Pay and other SafetyNet apps.

Bootloader has not been unlocked and has not been rooted at all.

Just wondering if anyone else knows this as this doesn't bother me as much since I'll probably be unlocking the bootloader sometime later down the road, so I won't be using Android Pay anyway.

Yours isn't a Droid model, correct?

You may not be able to resolve this without a warranty exchange.

Droid versions can repair the OS: https://forums.androidcentral.com/m...may-not-work-properly-message-boot-error.html

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yours isn't a Droid model, correct?

You may not be able to resolve this without a warranty exchange.

Droid versions can repair the OS: https://forums.androidcentral.com/m...may-not-work-properly-message-boot-error.html
Mine's an unlocked model.

Yeah, just as I thought.

Rather annoying that there isn't a similar tool for unlocked models, but as I mentioned in the OP, the bootloader is being unlocked down the road anyway, so I'm not too fazed.

I'll keep a lookout, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loveablesgv13