Your general thoughts on service at Sprint?

Nooblet

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been on Verizon for 10+ years and I know their network is the fastest but I don't necessarily need to able to download an app at 90mb/sec. Reliability and cost are moving towards the top of my list. I live in a suburb of Atlanta so expect most carriers to have good service but would prefer to hear from users of Sprint if you have a minute. Sprint has a great deal right now that would lower my total cost but $40-50 including new phones. If I skipped the new phones the savings would be even greater.

Thanks very much for your input!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I've moved your thread to the Sprint forum, so that other members who have Sprint will be better able to assist you.

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't do it. I got suckered in by the 1/2 off your prior carrier's bill. I'm wishing I never did.

Service is ok when I"m in my city. Once I get out, forget any semblance of LTE signal (And I'm in the Chicago, IL market, about an hour outside downtown). I was driving a pretty major street in a pretty major area yesterday, and it went down to 1x. Not even 3G.

Plus, you give up simultaneous voice and data. Yes, I know that sounds like a nitpick, but it's awful.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have sprint for 15 years now in Orlando, and NO way would I switch to another carrier, no problems in or out of the city.

Posted via the Android Central App

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
When I lived in Texas, Sprint was amazing. I moved to Maryland and Sprint wasn't so good, but it has improved and is good again where I live. My suggestion would be talk to someone in your area (if you know anyone) with Sprint and see how they feel about it.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Past problems have soured many people to the point that their mind cannot comprehend a better carrier experience.

I have had Sprint for 12+ years in the Atlanta area and have had no problems at all.

For the most part, all of the carriers are now good. Sprint is back! | Sprint Newsroom
Price and quantities of data are now the thing.

I would always recommend them, but even more so as you are in the ATL area.

Mav. :cool:

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Past problems have soured many people to the point that their mind cannot comprehend a better carrier experience.

I have had Sprint for 12+ years in the Atlanta area and have had no problems at all.

For the most part, all of the carriers are now good. Sprint is back! | Sprint Newsroom
Price and quantities of data are now the thing.

I would always recommend them, but even more so as you are in the ATL area.

I'm actually a current customer. So current experience is souring my mind. I keep giving them a chance. And keep getting disappointed.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually a current customer. So current experience is souring my mind. I keep giving them a chance. And keep getting disappointed.

Then switch to one that works for you.
Free market allows options for anyone to try and find their carrier happiness.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Follow up.
Here is a SpeedTest from today near my work in Norcross:
3bf984ac13194f2032b67112eb8fc130.jpg

Mav.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Check out RootMetrics -- They give nice detaild reports for your area. Of course this isn't 100% for your exact needs but it gives you an idea of how carriers are around you & where you visit. An example below is my area.

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 162
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just goes to show how wireless can produce very different experiences in even a small geographic area. I'm in the Chicago market also (about an hour out of the city) and can't drop LTE except on the second sub basement at work. I'm camped on LTE+ the vast majority of the time, and get great speeds.

Rootmetrics seems to think more in line with my experience.. but then again your milage may vary.

http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/chicago-il/2016/1H

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just goes to show how wireless can produce very different experiences in even a small geographic area. I'm in the Chicago market also (about an hour out of the city) and can't drop LTE except on the second sub basement at work. I'm camped on LTE+ the vast majority of the time, and get great speeds.

Rootmetrics seems to think more in line with my experience.. but then again your milage may vary.

http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/chicago-il/2016/1H

See, I'm Chicago market, but in Northwest Indiana. I can go from my house and have full LTE and go to my parents house, just two miles east (and right on a major highway) and I barely have 3G. So yeah. YMMV.

My biggest thing is no simultaneous voice and data. Only big 4 carrier to not have it.

This is fast for me. Upload speeds are awful.

602c00ceaa31f3e87b34c424d3b712d4.jpg

Nooblet

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input, folks. I took the plunge and switched my family to Sprint on Saturday. There is now an additional $150 bonus in the form of a credit to your bill, I think on month 2, after signing up. We got buy one get one free on the Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6s. The iPhone is for my daughter -- don't ask. Call quality in Atlanta and in the suburbs here is very good and download speeds have never been less than 30mb/sec so far. If you plan to switch, send me a private message if you don't know anyone and we can setup a referral. If two people report a referral (new and old customer) both get a $50 bonus per line.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Be 20 years in December that I've been on Sprint, not even thinking about leaving. On unlimited averaging about 50-60gb a month. Service is good in the DC area.
2f1a1aaad097c96a7b40a4f13c4fb606.jpg

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am a customer of Sprint, Verizon and TMobile. My personal phones are Sprint. I have a company provided Verizon mifi. My wife has a TMobile wifi.

I've been a Sprint customer for 19 years and a Verizon customer for 15 years. I travel about 25,000 miles per year by car and over my career have spent 660 nights in hotels all across the US.

Simply put, I remain a Sprint customer because the network meets my needs and over the past two years specifically, is functioning like it never has before. There is no question that Sprint has significant financial challenges but that hasn't impacted me.

During the Network Vision upgrades of 2-3 years ago Sprint's service has very rough and my Verizon mifi was a needed backup. In the past two years I've literally never used my Verizon mifi as a backup for my phone. I only use Verizon now to provide service for my laptop.

With any network it is possible that the particular tower you'll use regularly is a rough performer. Use Sprint's trial period and see what you think.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have Sprint directly, but I have RingPlus (Sprint MVNO) on an iPhone SE and a Moto X 2015.

It's awesome for free, but I wouldn't ever pay Sprint prices for the service they offer. Not when there are Verizon and AT&T MVNOs for the same price or cheaper.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Granted this is about 7 years ago here in VT but the single in VT was pretty bad. Local corp store was always great though. They have closed that store down though. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
addrom