Your Reasons For Buying Evo LTE

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I was out shopping yesterday found a store with the evo 4g lte in stock. They wanted $300 to walk out of the store with it, telling me the phone is so popular that that is the cost but it comes with $100 in free accessoires.

Ok well I have an og evo. Yes I would love to update it, but what am I really going to gain? I would be paying a premium price for a premium phone. Now I thought to myself is this phone still going to be king of the hill when LTE is switched on in my area? Do I really need to pay the premium price for this when I know the phone will be cheaper when I have LTE in my area? What good is a top of the line phone with features I just can't use?

I run cm7 on my og evo the only thing i really wish it had was more storage on the phone and a little snappier processor.

What are your reasons for the upgrade and what real benefit is it giving you????

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was out shopping yesterday found a store with the evo 4g lte in stock. They wanted $300 to walk out of the store with it, telling me the phone is so popular that that is the cost but it comes with $100 in free accessoires.

Ok well I have an og evo. Yes I would love to update it, but what am I really going to gain? I would be paying a premium price for a premium phone. Now I thought to myself is this phone still going to be king of the hill when LTE is switched on in my area? Do I really need to pay the premium price for this when I know the phone will be cheaper when I have LTE in my area? What good is a top of the line phone with features I just can't use?

I run cm7 on my og evo the only thing i really wish it had was more storage on the phone and a little snappier processor.

What are your reasons for the upgrade and what real benefit is it giving you????

What store was that? That's highway robbery. Lots of places have it for less than $199.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

It always amazes me when someone posts a thread asking others to convince them on whether or not to upgrade or get another phone ... By this point you MUST have read the countless testimonials that are in hundreds of threads ... YOU determine whats best for YOU ... Period .

mokomull

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My local sprint store. I believe it was a corporate store they don't do repair there.

My local Sprint store told me the same thing, the only ones they had were part of a "Beats bundle" with a $100 pair of earbuds I didn't want. I walked out of there and headed to Best Buy and got it for $150 (plus tax on the full retail price in California, which came out to just over $200 total).

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Wal-Mart has it also$158.00 never regret this phone for the larger screen 4.7"
Dual core processor, HD video & camera, beats Audio,ICS android system. Awesome battery life.:);):D:thumbup:
sent from my Evo4LTE

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It always amazes me when someone posts a thread asking others to convince them on whether or not to upgrade or get another phone ... By this point you MUST have read the countless testimonials that are in hundreds of threads ... YOU determine whats best for YOU ... Period .

I am asking for peoples reasons for upgrading.

I will be waiting to upgrade

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My reasons for upgrading (I have an Epic 4G at the moment) is I want a bigger screen, better camera, faster processor, more RAM (tired of my homescreen relaunching), and I'm getting a little bored with Samsung's designs, especially with the all glossy back of the
SGS3.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i bought it because it looked awesome. after i got it i can confirm that it is, in fact, awesome. however, i might be biased since im coming off a 2 1/2 year old htc pos hero...

Reactions: learntall

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My reason for upgrading (other that the fact the EVO LTE is a fantastic phone), is that the radios in my current Samsung Nexus 4G are horrible. Both signal strength and GPS are crappy compared to my wife's iPhone on Sprint, as well as my old Palm Pixi smartphone. My new EVO has great GPS signal lock and updating, and I'll be testing the signal strength when I drive up to my work location tomorrow. Also, getting the EVO gets me ready when they have the LTE system activated in my area later this year.

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up an EVO LTE @ Best Buy for $100 plus 5000 reward points (another $100) for Premier Silver members. Although I hate the crappy service at Best Buy, I couldn't pass up a free EVO LTE.

Other than that, it's a fantastic phone. Definitely the best phone available now, arguably better than the GS3 and probably as good as anything Motorola will put out later this year. You might see something with higher specs from LG in Q4, but this will be one of the years best Android phones.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Because my last phone was a POS...

Samsung Transform (6 months of hell that I had to use because my beloved palm pre broke)

And seeing how the cards swiped up like my pre I went with the EVO

I love this phone HTC has a new fan

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up an EVO LTE @ Best Buy for $100 plus 5000 reward points (another $100) for Premier Silver members. Although I hate the crappy service at Best Buy, I couldn't pass up a free EVO LTE.

Other than that, it's a fantastic phone. Definitely the best phone available now, arguably better than the GS3 and probably as good as anything Motorola will put out later this year. You might see something with higher specs from LG in Q4, but this will be one of the years best Android phones.

+1 I agree the years best android phone.:);):thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Coming from EVO 4G, I think it's easy to say that EVO LTE in daily use feels like an EVO 4G but everything is noticeably faster and snappier in every way. Screen is a major upgrade, camera does much more and faster, signal strength remains just as good, google maps seems more robust, call quality is excellent, it looks and feels very modern in design, super thin, light in the pocket, and easily gets a full day or more battery life.
The one thing that is a let down for me is that the GNex felt like something new and different. The EVO LTE feels new and fast, but familiar. Just saying if you are looking for a real change. But the signal weakness of the GNex was a total dealbreaker for me.
EVO LTE is a very good and capable modern device that gets the job done with ease and without worry.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Coming from EVO 4G, I think it's easy to say that EVO LTE in daily use feels like an EVO 4G but everything is noticeably faster and snappier in every way. Screen is a major upgrade, camera does much more and faster, signal strength remains just as good, google maps seems more robust, call quality is excellent, it looks and feels very modern in design, super thin, light in the pocket, and easily gets a full day or more battery life.
The one thing that is a let down for me is that the GNex felt like something new and different. The EVO LTE feels new and fast, but familiar. Just saying if you are looking for a real change. But the signal weakness of the GNex was a total dealbreaker for me.
EVO LTE is a very good and capable modern device that gets the job done with ease and without worry.

My 2 cents.

That looks like a big 2 pennies!
The number one reason I still hold onto my evo is the radio is fantastic I can make calls where others can't! I travel all over for work that is a big plus.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I am going to wait a mouth to buy it so all the first round defects get worked out

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You have a lot togaon from the OG EVO to the EVO lte. But if you pg EVO is still working perfectly I don't see a reason to upgrade. I personally upgraded because my EVO shift was broken and they had no estimated time I could get a replcement so I used my upgrade. Am I glad? Hell yeah! But would I still ne on my EVO shifthad they had a quick replacement? You bet. Why you ask? Because the phone just worked, money is tight and I'm past the stage of upgrading phones every 6 month's.

But the EVO lte is worth every penny and I'm very glad I wasn't able to get a replacement as it has been a dream being back on a flagship phone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the 5000 points pints best buy??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duessux22