YouTube app has suddenly become unusable?

gethtones

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I've been using my Galaxy Note 3 for several months without problems but for the last week or so I can almost never watch more then 15 seconds of a youtube video without it stopping and giving me the loading symbol. Sometimes videos never start at all.

It's like trying to watch a video on a bad connection but it happens regardless of what wireless network I'm connected to.

I've tried clearing the data.

Anybody know what's going on and how I can fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Not sure if that's what you mean by it happening on any wireless network.

gethtones

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
What I mean is, I've tested it wheile connected to various WI-FI networks in order to determine it's not just my Wi-Fi.

Whether i'm using the wi-fi either at my house, my work or my friends' houses, I experience this issue where it behaves as if I'm trying to watch a video on a weak connection...however it happens even when I've got a good connection to a 25+mbps wi-fi network.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced. If you see them, uncheck the options that say "Avoid weak connections" and "Wi-fi Optimization."

gethtones

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced. If you see them, uncheck the options that say "Avoid weak connections" and "Wi-fi Optimization."

Unfortunately I don't have those options in the menu.

Basically, the phone isn't downloading data fast enough to allow for continuous play. All the wi-fi networks I've tried this on work fine and the phone says that the connection to the network is strong. Until about a week ago the phone could play videos just fine but now, I have better luck with my old HTC Incredible II.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar