YouTube App is Still Performing Like Crap!!!

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Can someone explain to me why even on the latest firmware with full wifi signal strength with over 12mbps on FIOS this tablet cannot play YouTube without stopping every 10 seconds to buffer? The video plays fine on my Galaxy Nexus yet stalls on my top-of-the-line Prime.

I'm getting so frustrated as to why this tablet won't just work like its designed! :banghead:

198335539.png

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My Prime is being fixed, but, I was experiencing similar issues with streaming (not just YouTube). I am hoping that the update that just came out fixed it, I guess I'll find out when I get my Prime back.

I assume your Prime is up to date?

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Tubemate to ease those woes. YouTube sucks 98% of the time. Got it from Amazon appstore, videos play very nice no problems at all.

Sent from Alexis Nexus

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I never had problems with the YouTube and for the most part, love watching movies on it. Plus it absolutely trumps Iphone 's YouTube app. If you have seen that, you will be thankful we don't have to endure that sort of worse in our smartphone usage.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

WasatchRocks

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain to me why even on the latest firmware with full wifi signal strength with over 12mbps on FIOS this tablet cannot play YouTube without stopping every 10 seconds to buffer? The video plays fine on my Galaxy Nexus yet stalls on my top-of-the-line Prime.

I'm getting so frustrated as to why this tablet won't just work like its designed! :banghead:

Click to view quoted image

For me, the YouTube app works well. But its any other website that offers streaming video, it will crash (hard) when I try to maximize the streaming video. Leaving it small framed, it appears to be working fine.

I have three browsers installed, Default (Browser), Chrome Beta and Dolphin. ALL three react the same way and simply blow up (screen goes black).

I have already done one factory reset when I first ran into the browser blow up. That was prior to the latest firmware update. I may have to do another factory reset and see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had zero issues with the YouTube app on the TP, full framed or windowed. And I have buffering issues on my desktop all the time.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had zero issues with the YouTube app on the TP, full framed or windowed. And I have buffering issues on my desktop all the time.

What OS are you running on your desktop?

And, what is your ISP? If you have DSL you might have buffering issues. But, if you have something like Comcast, you shouldn't experience any buffering issues. I have Comcast's cheapest plan and I never have buffering issues.

It's strange that you don't have them on your Prime but you do on your desktop. That leads me to think it's an OS issue, not an ISP issue. Or, if you are connected with an Ethernet cable to the router, try swapping it for a different one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semskie