Youtube app lags

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed major lag on the youtube app? My note 5 seems as speedy as ever but a few apps are showing major internet lag. I don't think it's my internet as I've experienced the issue on a number of networks including my college campus which has blazing fast internet.

For example, when I open the youtube app, it opens quickly but I get a spinning circle showing the content is loading. Then it will take up to 30 seconds for the small video icons to display. As I scroll down it very very slowly will load additional icons. It didn't originally do this. Twitter has occasionally given me the same issue. And gmail will often struggle to reload when I try to refresh my inbox.

The screenshot was a youtube search I did and it took about 20 seconds for the first page of icons to load.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Screenshot_2016-02-17-10-02-35.jpg

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I find that YouTube always gives me the same experience you are having. I also notice this on twitter, gmail, and the great battery hog Facebook. YouTube has done this ever since their last major update to the app. Can't pinpoint when the others started. You are not alone. I've just learned to live with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I occasionally get the same trouble from the play store. It's good to know it is an issue with the app and not the phone.

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
So I found the solution to the serious lag with certain apps. I reset my home router and now youtube and the playstore are back up to speed. I started to try the apps on other wifi networks and realized it was an issue with my network alone. No idea what would cause it, but resetting the router fixed the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mt20apps