Youtube: Connection to server lost. Samsung S5 only on mobile data. How can I get it working again?

Varkos

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Youtube: "Connection to server lost". Samsung S5 only on mobile data.

I've gotten this problem last night. I can easily browse the net with my mobile internet, but youtube in the browsers also doesn't work for some reason.

I've cleaned the cache and data for youtube and google play services and i've uninstalled the updates on youtube. None worked so far.

I'm very frustrated on what to do since this is the first time this happened. Help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Youtube: "Connection to server lost". Samsung S5 only on mobile data.

The path between your carrier's entrance point to the internet and Youtube's server is too slow to maintain a connection. It's not in your phone, and it's not at your carrier's equipment, the problem is on the internet. You can try calling your carrier's tech support number (they can temporarily route around a trouble spot, if it's going to be there for a while, like when MCI lost the east coast to west coast connection back in the 90s) but if it's a short term thing, or your carrier isn't a big company with a good network engineering staff (or you use an MVNO), you'll just have to wait it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753