Youtube not installing on Android go version devices

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently YouTube go was taken down from Google play store and stopped on all the devices it was running on..and so android go users have no other option than to download the main app which is not even installing!

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I see they did end You Tube Go as of last month, with prior announcements.

Someone reported last year that while the Play Store would say full fat You Tube is already currently installed, and yet there was no You Tube app, the full version would run by pressing Open while in Play Store.

That's one small option if it works.
Before finding a proper solution for the app, you can of course run You Tube from a browser like Chrome.

Could it be you are near your storage limit, so it will not download ?
I presume you mean Play Store shows it's available to download but then won't install.

Articles mention Google are possibly trying to have users pay for the Premium service so you still get the download option.

Perhaps they are still working on versions for all Go phones and you have to use a browser in the meantime.

One bit of good - ish news is they will have more controls in You Tube to limit data usage and still work, as many use Go versions in areas of limited or expensive data.

Stay tuned for more answers, and please register to reply.

You possibly have read articles like these already :

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tec...s-to-android-go-users-now-71651663939201.html

https://support.google.com/android/...to-my-android-go-app-drawer-home-screen?hl=en

https://uk.pcmag.com/old-video-streaming-services/140188/youtube-go-android-app-is-being-retired

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I see they did end You Tube Go as of last month, with prior announcements.

Someone reported last year that while the Play Store would say full fat You Tube is already currently installed, and yet there was no You Tube app, the full version would run by pressing Open while in Play Store.

That's one small option if it works.
Before finding a proper solution for the app, you can of course run You Tube from a browser like Chrome.

Could it be you are near your storage limit, so it will not download ?
I presume you mean Play Store shows it's available to download but then won't install.

Articles mention Google are possibly trying to have users pay for the Premium service so you still get the download option.

Perhaps they are still working on versions for all Go phones and you have to use a browser in the meantime.

One bit of good - ish news is they will have more controls in You Tube to limit data usage and still work, as many use Go versions in areas of limited or expensive data.

Stay tuned for more answers, and please register to reply.

You possibly have read articles like these already :

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tec...s-to-android-go-users-now-71651663939201.html

https://support.google.com/android/...to-my-android-go-app-drawer-home-screen?hl=en

https://uk.pcmag.com/old-video-streaming-services/140188/youtube-go-android-app-is-being-retired
Good info
They can still access YouTube on a browser no?

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
@mustang7757

I imagine so. We both mentioned it. (I missed your posting)

It brings in Comments and other full features but now won't help those reliant on limited Mobile Data, although
I guess You Tube won't be a priority unless you have WiFi somewhere.

Hopefully Google will improve things soon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
@mustang7757

I imagine so. We both mentioned it. (I missed your posting)

It brings in Comments and other full features but now won't help those reliant on limited Mobile Data, although
I guess You Tube won't be a priority unless you have WiFi somewhere.

Hopefully Google will improve things soon.
No worries,

Looks like these Andriod go phones are problematic

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
I came this :: close to buying a Nokia 1.4 or 1.3 in 2020 when I had to send my sole phone to Nokia for a week under warranty; but I bought a run out, reduced Moto E6 Plus.

In those articles they mention how there's now less need for Android Go as even the cheapest devices have sufficient specs, and data is more generous and cheaper.

I still have an inkling to try one though :)

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Android Go is by design only used for low-resource, budget-class phones. Android Go versions are stripped down (extraneous functionality removed) and crafted to specifically work with below-spec RAM and still be installed on phones with below-spec amounts of internal storage. Counter that with the issue where Youtube is an increasingly more involved service (higher res content being a significant aspect), and annoying more bloat (chats, expanded comments, recommended posts, etc.) -- it's essentially a streaming content service that requires a lot of system resources (storage, RAM, SoC) and that's the opposite of what any Android Go model can provide.
Since the OP didn't opt to reveal just what phone model they have nor which version of Android Go its running, all any of us can do is make possible suggestions but nothing definitive.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I came this :: close to buying a Nokia 1.4 or 1.3 in 2020 when I had to send my sole phone to Nokia for a week under warranty; but I bought a run out, reduced Moto E6 Plus.

In those articles they mention how there's now less need for Android Go as even the cheapest devices have sufficient specs, and data is more generous and cheaper.

I still have an inkling to try one though :)
I agree no need for those phones , the midrange are pretty good

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Android Go is by design only used for low-resource, budget-class phones. Android Go versions are stripped down (extraneous functionality removed) and crafted to specifically work with below-spec RAM and still be installed on phones with below-spec amounts of internal storage. Counter that with the issue where Youtube is an increasingly more involved service (higher res content being a significant aspect), and annoying more bloat (chats, expanded comments, recommended posts, etc.) -- it's essentially a streaming content service that requires a lot of system resources (storage, RAM, SoC) and that's the opposite of what any Android Go model can provide.
Since the OP didn't opt to reveal just what phone model they have nor which version of Android Go its running, all any of us can do is make possible suggestions but nothing definitive.
Pretty much spot on

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Persiancatlvr