Zefies recovery + root with no rom...can I just apply update

mister704

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So I see people updating and I am trying to see if I can just update using the custom recovery. No rom installed. Just rooted and build props applied.

Or

Do I honestly need to go back to stock recovery, then update and then put zefie back on?

Quick response are really really appreciated. Update pop up on my phone is killing me.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
No.

Well, you can try, but it will most likely brick.

The VC update needs the LG recovery to install. ANY custom recovery will probably brick.

In fact, Zefie's recovery will specifically prohibit flashing radio.img to prevent this very problem...but I think the VC update will bypass that, then still brick it in the end.

AFAIK, to not risk the life of your phone, you need to revert to stock with the LG.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Turn on your phone, make sure it isn't in a screen saver.

When you type "su" in the adb shell, look for a prompt on the phone asking you to grant root privileges. Allow that to happen.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
If you have my recovery, you can install the update but you will NOT get your radio updated.

CWMA won't brick you like the others, but it won't flash the radio update either. Until I know exactly how radio updates work, we just ignore the radio update command.

So to answer your question:
Yes, you can update V9 to VC using the OTA update on my recovery, but you will not be fully updated. Things will mess up because of the differences between V9 and VC. You are recommended follow the guide to unroot your phone if you want the VC radio.

In fact, Zefie's recovery will specifically prohibit flashing radio.img to prevent this very problem...but I think the VC update will bypass that, then still brick it in the end.

AFAIK, to not risk the life of your phone, you need to revert to stock with the LG.

It shouldn't I tested this before. But like you said it is recommended to use stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batni