ZTE Compel (Z830) Root?

Splash13y

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Help!

If there is anyone out there who has successfully rooted their ZTE Compel... Please help a girl out! I'm becoming evermore frustrated with the phone, as it's impossible to personalize; Especially when you don't even have enough space to update the ridiculous (preinstalled) bloatware. Oh!!- & let's not forget that you aren't able to move your apps (or anything at that) to your SD card... Which, at the moment, may as well not even exist!

Something's got to give. To Root or To Return! THAT is the final question!

Corey Keyes

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Help!

If there is anyone out there who has successfully rooted their ZTE Compel... Please help a girl out! I'm becoming evermore frustrated with the phone, as it's impossible to personalize; Especially when you don't even have enough space to update the ridiculous (preinstalled) bloatware. Oh!!- & let's not forget that you aren't able to move your apps (or anything at that) to your SD card... Which, at the moment, may as well not even exist!

I'm sorry to say nobody is interested in trying to better said phone. I have even petitioned XDA Developers about this phone to no avail. Evrlerybody is focused on samsung and nexus.

Its sad really...

kingdon67

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
1. Download "es file explorer file manager"
2. Navigate to device/storage
3. Press and hold "sdcard0" until checked
4. Then select "more" on bottom right of screen
5. Select encrypt
6. Set password and check box to also encrypt folder name (or something like that, you'll see it)
7. Now your apps will have to install to sdcard1

Note: now when you open file manager the sdcard tab will default to external sd card also

**Also need to navigate to storage/emulated and delete "0"

Last edited:

RTR2011

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Try Kingo Root. It is a free PC download. All you really need to do it to enable developer options on the Compel. Go to settings/about phone, then tap on the build number 7 times. Connect the phone to your PC, install Kingo root on the PC, and follow the easy instructions. Make sure you you the RSA number that pops up on your phone. Easy breezy!

root
Help!

patkrepp

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Worked nice, but only a temp root, reboot, you lose root... Make sure you download the kingo superuser, and kingo root apk, you'll need it every time you reboot your phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred