ZVH Gingerbread CM7 [NAME TBA] Sprint Optimus S

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: In "NOTE:" portion lower in the thread!

I offer this thread as a bounty for the developer's that have maintained the CM7 port for our phone to continue to support them, so they can support our habit! ;) Many of us enjoy the great work of the devs that are on this forum. And there are many ROMs to choose from. The Optimus S does not have an official port of CM7 and is not supported by any developer other than the one's here. This particular thread is directed toward those interested in CM7. This thread will be kept up to date with the latest release information as well as the latest accomplishments and updates in getting CM7 working!
I am very excited about the new Gingerbread release for our phone. The developer's are hard at work trying to get the best ROMs the Optimus S! :D I am putting this thread together as "motivation" for the devs as I believe they deserve something in return for their work. :)

[TIP]This thread will start as a "bounty" thread. As the ROM development progresses, the thread will progress. (read INFO below)[/TIP]

[INFO]This is our community's best chance at continued, long-term support for a great ROM.

The developer heading the project is offering a couple of unique opportunities to everyone donating (myself excluded). The community has the opportunity to offer something back to the developers, so the developers are offering something back to the community! The donations are also used toward the development and continued support of ROMs for this phone.

• An opportunity to be a tester of the ROM prior to public release
    • A number of those that donate will be chosen as exclusive "beta" testers for the ROM (if they choose to). This will give those donating the latest version of the ROM prior to official public release while seeing the ROM through to the final product! Be part of the "test team"!!
  • Your chance at naming the ROM!
    • The person with the highest donation will have the opportunity to name the ROM! You can choose the name on your own, or poll the community and choose the most popular name! (ROM name will be appropriate and will not violate any terms and conditions of the site and will not be offensive)
  • This thread is an up-to-date portal with the devs working on this ROM. This offers all of you CM7 fiends the information you need, when you want it!!!
    • Direct communication with the dev (about this specific port) AND access to up-to-date developer information.
[/INFO]

[TIP]I am donating to the project as I enjoy having CM7 working on my phone with all the benefits that this particular ROM offers. It is much more motivating for a developer to have the community supporting them rather than just feeding off of them. All donations will also be distributed to other developer's from this community, including some of the original ROM developers. The amount of the donation to the other developers will depend on the bounty raised in this thread.
[/TIP]

[WARN]Donation is not required; however, this offers the developers something in return for all of their hard work on these ROMs. Please understand that this is also incentive for the developers to maintain and continue work on the ROMs to improve them. This includes updates, changes, patches, etc. Please donate what you can, as I will do the same. I hope that all the developers know that we appreciate their work and their continued support. We hope to see the same type of support into the future!! :D [/WARN]

Donate instructions:
  • Click link below.
  • Include forum name in the notes section. ie, 'username' from AndroidCentral.com
  • Donate.
  • Check thread for updates and releases!

[INFO]So far our highest donation is $30.00 USD. WOWZERS!

Want to name the ROM? You gotta beat that!
[/INFO]

[NOTE]Up-to-the-minute-update:
UPDATE 13OCT2011: We are releasing a beta to the donors interested in beta testing as well as devs who are interested. Current status is:

• NOTE/WARNING/DISCLAIMER: THIS ROM DISABLES ALL PHONE FUNCTIONS!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU NEED TO USE YOUR PHONE. THIS ROM IS BEING RELEASED FOR TESTING/DEBUGGING PURPOSES ONLY!!
  • ROM working
  • Radio communicates but with errors(logact available)
  • Dialer fc's on boot
Feel free to swap so files, etc until results are achieved. At this point, time is most valuable part of the testing and having more testers will help the project.
[INFO]Any donors interested in testing, message me or post in here for more information.[/INFO]

• Not working:
  • Calls
  • SMS
  • 3G Data
  • Screen doesn't turn back on after going into sleep mode CM7 glitch with workaround :)
  • Camera/Camcorder
  • Working:
  • Accelerometer
  • Wifi
  • Touchscreen
  • Audio
  • GPS (using open-source libs)
  • Compass
(This box is updated as progress is made)[/NOTE]

In my own words and on behalf of drewwalton19216801.

drew (and myself) would like to thank anyone that has contributed or helped maintain ROM support for the Optimus S community. This list includes: ath3nos, beezy, blarf, jondevere, jstntp, KSmithInNY, Nick7, and many others!

Last edited:

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gingerbread CM7 [NAME TBA] Sprint Optimus S

Great idea. I was thinking this would be a great project to put a bounty on but wasn't sure how to do it.

Remember if everyone who uses these custom roms to make our free android phone rock like a $500 phone donates just a little bit the bounty will add up pretty quick.

Reactions: basketthis

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

The Optimus S does not have an official port to the Optimus S and is not supported by any developer other than the one's here.

Since this has obviously been brought to my attention by the Department of Redundancy Dept., I better donate more than once, huh??

LOL :p

Thanks!!

ath3nos

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

It wouldn't happen. What we have however is great devs willing to give us the same experience! :D

It is very unlikely to ever become an official CM port. Like basketthis said we have some great devs here and there is no difference between an official and unofficial CM7 ROM, other than the name and no support from the CM team. The unofficial CM ROMs get updated with CM changes just like the official ones. In some ways we have an advantage because we do not have to go through all the hoops involved getting changes made to an official CM port. We can just do it and be done with it. That's my 2 cents anyway.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It is very unlikely to ever become an official CM port. Like basketthis said we have some great devs here and there is no difference between an official and unofficial CM7 ROM, other than the name and no support from the CM team. The unofficial CM ROMs get updated with CM changes just like the official ones. In some ways we have an advantage because we do not have to go through all the hoops involved getting changes made to an official CM port. We can just do it and be done with it. That's my 2 cents anyway.

^ This.

That is all.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Updated first post. Just to address a couple of things: Would also like for anyone donating to list whether or not you would like your name added to the first post as I will probably add all donator's names. Also, other bounty threads list the amount that everyone is donating. I wont list the amount in the first thread as I believe it is up to the person donating to make that decision...
I will update the first post (again) to reflect this information once at a computer. :)

Cnehus

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I installed that stable version of Drew's CM7 and now I'm locking up on the Sprint logo. I already had version XVD installed, and used CWM to install both the ROM zip and the Google apps zip. Before anything, I backed up my original rooted ROM. I then did a full factory wipe and cleared the mount for /system, /boot, and, /cache before the install with CWM. After the install, I rebooted. First the LG logo came up, then a second one I've never seen before. A LG logo with what I think said LG.com under it. This was the first boot lock. I then pulled the battery and rebooted to recovery, then restored my old ROM back. After rebooting, I got the first LG screen, then the Sprint logo. THEN IT LOCKS AGAIN! My backs to the wall here. I don't know where to find the factory ROM, or if I can flash it in from CWM. Any support would be great. Thanks in advanced, guys.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Funny. I just got redirected here from that post.

Trust me. That thread is where you need to be. Someone must have been mistaken. Unless you are on VH and flashed CM7, which would be a totally different story but still not this thread. Read the first post. You will see what I mean. This is a bounty thread at this point. You will get alot more help in the CM7 thread that I linked. ;) Again, best of luck to you. It doesn't seem that you have serious issue btw so it should be an easy fix. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23