iGrip "ROK" (Stop the vibrations of your standard dock)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just received my iGrip "ROK" dock. I got the window mount part and passed on paying for a universal since I had my Thunderbolt dock from Verizon. I swapped the faceplate from the Verizon dock to the ROK within seconds. THE VIBRATIONS ARE GONE!

http://www.igrip.us/1666

IMAG0017.jpg

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: iGrip "ROK" Dock

The VZW dock will fit fine on the ROK mount. I use a couple different iGrip mounts with my VZW car dock.

Good news! I use the Verizon dock right now and it shakes around a ton. I'm sure some of that intense vibration is caused by my 08 Civic having some sort of stiffer suspension from the factory compared to other cars. I'll be driving on smooth roads and my dock will vibrate. However, it only does so with the phone in the dock and not when it's removed.

I ordered the dock and I'll be sure to post my impressions on the product once it arrives.

Last edited:

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

The isolation washers in the pivots are pretty soft. You could try using thinner and/or higher durometer washers. Keep in mind, the more rigid you make the mount, the next weakest link(suction cup) will have to absorb more force.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

The isolation washers in the pivots are pretty soft. You could try using thinner and/or higher durometer washers. Keep in mind, the more rigid you make the mount, the next weakest link(suction cup) will have to absorb more force.

That's fine, as long as the ROK mount does as it's advertised. I saw a video of someone with a Nissan 370Z who used the ROK mount and said there was no vibration at all. That's all I'm hoping for. :)

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that mount looks really sturdy. Hope it works well for ya.

On a side note, did you see the Evo 3d holder? They put a removable insert in it for a thicker case. They should have done that with the TB dock too.

Reactions: Eclipse2K

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I hope so too. I'll be sure to let you know (in this thread) once it arrives and I get a chance to try it. I appreciate the help because even though I was pretty sure iGrip makes all of their mounts universal, I wanted to be sure.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

On a side note, did you see the Evo 3d holder? They put a removable insert in it for a thicker case. They should have done that with the TB dock too.
I just checked it out and that's awesome! While I don't use a case, the option is still nice.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I updated the original post with the ROK installed. As you would expect from the title, all vibrations are now gone. And yes, I'm using the original Verizon "Thunderbolt" Plate along with it.