Battery solutions for TB using protective case (Aegis)???

Ratbastrd

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I realize there are numerous threads on this but none really address a couple of primary questions for those looking to resolve the battery life issue with the Thunderbolt, when the phone will reside in a full wrap around case like the Trident Aegis.

Needless to say cases like the Defender, Kraken, Aegis, Incipio etc. require some time to dis-assemble to change a battery. Dis-assembly is not a deal breaker but not something I want to do regularly.

1) So assuming I don't want to dis-assemble: Has anyone explored a solution like the Kensington Pocket Battery (or similar)? Pocket Battery for Smartphones - K38056US - Kensington This is an intriguing solution as it doesn't require taking the phone protective case apart to change a battery, and 3.5hrs is probably sufficient to get to a location where I can recharge.

2) Assuming dis-assembly: Which manufacturer makes the highest quality, best value after market std battery?
2.1) Are there any REAL extended "slimline" batteries that don't require an over sized battery cover that actually provide some additional battery life?

Thoughts and input appreciated.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
this is basically like a mobile charger. it's 1200mah, the stock battery is 1400mah, so it will give you some juice. keep in mind though that like a charger, you need to plug this in for some time for it to give you the charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC