Have you tried the 1800 MAH battery?

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys...
So I am thinking of getting these batteries for my thunderbolt.... but I have a few questions...

2X 1800MAH Battery +Dock Charger For HTC Thunderbolt 4G | eBay

1. Is 1800 a considerable improvement over the standard 1400?

2. Are these 3rd party batteries any good? have any of you got them and how are they working out for ya?

3. Will these fit with the standard battery cover? I'm not too super excited about the big hump on the extended 2750 battery...

Reactions: SoDev

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Whoa... I duuno, I might get them and let you know. I have had great success with my 3 $12 1500 cheapness, and the wall charger is nice, but you never know.

They look stock sized. I wouldn't guess the 1800 super legit, but it's worth a shot, with any luck they will perform as good as a 1600 or 1700 batt. I cannot tell a difference between my stock 1400 and my 3 cheap 1500's so i'd assume the 1800 will have a little more juice even if not 1800 worth.

Edit - I've been meaning to snag a few 1700's and this is just sexier and cheaper, so thanks ray! :cool:

Your payment for US $10.38 has been processed by PayPal. You will receive an email receipt shortly.

I will now have 6 batteries! Muha! :D

Last edited:

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to bite as well..... Only issue is, these are gonna come on a slow boat from china... So we will probably get them in September :)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to bite as well..... Only issue is, these are gonna come on a slow boat from china... So we will probably get them in September :)

When I did this with my 1500's it came from hong kong too. Took about 8 days. Hopefully we'll get lucky again.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're lucky, they will have comparable capacity to the stock 1400 mAh batteries but they may not maintain much capacity beyond 7 or 8 months. They probably won't leak into your phone, but stop using when you notice their shape bulging or becoming warped or if your phone gets really hot. Good luck!

Thanks, Robrecht

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
True story, rob, but the if's and butts work both ways. Not just towards the negative. At $11 there's little investment or risk. Even if they came in at 1300, still not a bad deal for a couple of backup batts. and a wall charger. Good tip and agreed on the bulging/warping. Funny thing, it's only even happened to me on stock batteries, never the cheapies. Who'd a thunk. :) I think the thing is, set your expectations low, you get what you paid for (unless you get lucky).

Last edited:

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree it is a good 'investment', (much better than overpriced, overrated Seidio) with rather limited (but real) risk, which is why I recommend this option to people as long as they have a realistic understanding of the likely quality of what they are purchasing. These are just not 1800 mAh batteries and too many people believe whatever they read on eBay. I've bought these kind of batteries myself but every one warped and that has only happened to me with cheap eBay batteries. I've also had very good experience with Verizon standing behind the OEM batteries they sell.

Thanks, Robrecht

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
3 things...
1. People are definitely better off taking your advice.
2. You get what you pay for.
3. Don't leave the wall charger plugged in when your not around, lol. :eek:

Now that you mention it, it is pretty silly to think it's a 1800mah batt. for $11 considering you can't find such a thing from a quality manufacturer even at a high price. I think my good experience with my 1500's has me pressing my luck.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I Got the HTC extended battery and cover. It LOOKS stupid but I find it easier to hold the phone with the hum than without! I actually prefer it.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea, It's not bad, I had it before. The issue comes in mostly with the car dock I have. Can't use it for that.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the Seidio slim extended and another generic slim replacement from Amazon. Although the Seidio got better performance for me than the stock battery for about two weeks, even after properly charging it out of the box, it tapered off badly. It performed far worse than the stock battery, barely lasting 6 hours with moderate use. The generic was even worse. I'm not one to flame Seidio either. I got their slim extended batteries for my Droid and Droid X and both really outperformed the stock batteries and were consistent over months of use. I can't recommend either third party battery I've tried with this phone. The stock one gives me about 8 hours with moderate use. Good enough.