I'm looking for a single Bluetooth earpiece capable of playing media. I listen to sports radio talk all the time on radio.com or AOR. I don't need or want headphones for this - just a single.Bluetooth earpiece. Of course most of them do not play media. They are.made.for.phone calls. I rarely make nor receive phone calls. I know Bluetooth sucks.battery but I have the extended battery and chargers at work, cars, upstairs, downstairs, and bedroom so I never run out of juice.

Does anyone know of a single Bluetooth earpiece that absolutely works on thunderbolt with radio.com, AOR, etc.? I know some work with music app but not radio.com. you really have to try it to know for sure.

I'm looking for cheap but works. I don't need great highs or lows. I just listen to talk radio. Must, must, must be SINGLE earpiece. I hate headphones.

Anybody?
    07-23-2011 12:55 PM
    I use the Jawbone Icon to listen to Pandora. I've never had an issue with it. Don't know about radio.com or AOL.

I'll try radio.com later today and let you know.
    07-23-2011 02:51 PM
    Thanks. I will be very interested. Now if somebody finds a cheaper brand that works even better. Jawbone is like the best right? I'm more into bob's brand bt earpiece if it works! LOL
    07-23-2011 03:26 PM
    I would recommend the Motorola H17 for your needs. I primarily use it for talking as I have stereo bluetooth for music, but these will play any form of media through the earpiece. (Netflix, Pandora, SiriusXM, etc). Also, this headset uses the same charger that the Thunderbolt uses. So if it's about to die, you can charge it if you have a charger with you in the car or something.

Amazon.com: Motorola H17txt Bluetooth Headset (Graphite Gray)[Retail Packging]: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-23-2011 06:19 PM
    The same charger is a definite plus. Once linked the first time will it link automatically every time?
    07-23-2011 06:35 PM
    The same charger is a definite plus. Once linked the first time will it link automatically every time?
    Yes, you just open the boom microphone and it pairs automatically.
    07-23-2011 06:41 PM
    Ok, i'll check the price of the jawbone too. I'm looking for my cheapest alternative.

Thanks again.....anybody know a cheaper one that works?
    07-23-2011 06:50 PM
    Confirmed - Jawbone Icon works with radio.com.
    07-23-2011 08:37 PM
    Confirmed - Jawbone Icon works with radio.com.
    Thanks! No way to get an old non-a2dp earpiece to receive media right?
    07-23-2011 08:54 PM
    Thanks! No way to get an old non-a2dp earpiece to receive media right?
    Correct an earpiece must support A2DP technology.
    07-23-2011 09:00 PM
    anything cheaper than those mentioned?
    07-26-2011 10:08 PM
    I ended up going with the jawbone hero. Its the balls (can I say that?) I got it at vzw on sale in an iphone kit so I will now sell the iphone case and screen protectors.

It even came with its own app so I can see battery status of earpiece on my tb!
    07-29-2011 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD