Most portable wall charger.

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
With 4G, GB, Skype, and unlimited data plan I can run down any battery no time. What is the smallest most portable wall charger you have ever used/seen? I need something I can carry in a pants pocket.

Thanks!

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The wall charger that comes with the cheap Chineese knock-off batteries is the smallest I've seen. You can typically order one by itself for around $5+ on eBay, or around $15 with two cheapy batteries. I've heard reports of these chargers sometimes not working but I think they usually do. I have one, and it works well enough, but it does not charge the battery as fully as the larger Seidio charger or when charging the battery in the phone. The protective circuitry turns off the charging somewhat sooner. I don't know if this is a common trait or just individual variability among units.

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The wall charger that comes with the cheap Chineese knock-off batteries is the smallest I've seen. You can typically order one by itself for around $5+ on eBay, or around $15 with two cheapy batteries. I've heard reports of these chargers sometimes not working but I think they usually do. I have one, and it works well enough, but it does not charge the battery as fully as the larger Seidio charger or when charging the battery in the phone. The protective circuitry turns off the charging somewhat sooner. I don't know if this is a common trait or just individual variability among units.
Got a link?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
make sure it gives you enough juice. some cheap chargers will give you 500ma or less. If the charge is too low, while running skype, even when plugged in, you may still see a drop in battery. you can use an app like battery monitor widget to monitor power consumption and charge.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
To clarify, are you looking for a USB charger or a wall charger you can put your spare battery into?

If it's a USB charger, to OEM HTC charger is pretty small. I just picked up a 6 foot Belkin USB-Micro USB cable for it at Fry's.

Last year, I picked up at WalMart a Philips "universal" kit with 12 V car and AC wall USB adapters, witha retractable USB cord and changeable power tips. The Wall charger is a square, about 1.5 x 1.5 x .5 and the AC plug folds away flat. Label says it's 1 Amp output.

Another alternative that I have looked at on-line, but have not purchased yet, is one the NewTrent Li-ion power packs. The biggest is a little larger than true "pocket size" but supplies 11000 MAh, and costs way more than an AC adapter, but gives you flexibility of not needing an outlet.

Amazon link: Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad 2, ipad, iPhone 4 4G 3Gs 3G (AT&T and verizon) , iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP