Too good to be true??

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm all about cheap batteries, but wow.... biggest problem I see is that the cover won't get good reception. All extended cover I've read about besides the OEM one have had reports of bad reception.

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I read that some don't have the metal clip pieces that are used for signal reception, this cover does have the metal clips. And over 1000 sold, its gotta be legit right?

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
lol, no. It's shady as hell, and that's coming from someone who has bought 5 cheap batteries that he's happy with. :)

I'm looking for something to show you. I'm not saying don't do it, but don't be surprised if the cover sucks. I'm more concerned with the cover than the battery.

Read this...

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=1805

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If they are able to sell that for so little, you have to wonder how many corners where cut. They claim to have a 1 year warranty on it, but will they warranty your phone if the battery explodes or leaks??? I wouldn't put it in my phone. The phrase too good to be true exists for a reason....

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand the risk, and I purchased my TB without an upgrade so I paid BANK. But I'm so sick of having to stress or worry about running out of juice. Like last weekend I had a family reunion a couple hundred miles away, I used the GPS and browsing to help. I was on 4G when I was in Boston and my phone was dead before the drive home.....

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
screw it I wanna keep my OEM back cover, could you send me the links to those???

And have you noticed anything negative about these units?? run hotter?? or are cheaply made??

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell any difference from stock, not that there isn't. My usage patterns vary widely and i'm not that sensitive to small changes. I've never noticed my phone getting hotter, or temps going up. I feel like the 1500's were the better value for 3 since I can't really tell if the 1800's are any better. They aren't as pristine as the OEM batt. but they don't come off as super cheap in look or feel. I mean, they are cheaper, but not anything to worry about. The 1500's seemed a tad nicer than the 1800's, but the could be the same thing really.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
screw it I wanna keep my OEM back cover, could you send me the links to those???

And have you noticed anything negative about these units?? run hotter?? or are cheaply made??

Hey there. I bought this EXACT battery from eBay. The battery itself is wonderful to be honest. I was easily getting 20 hours with JuiceDefender and around the same without JD. I was amazed by how cheap it is, and how well it works.

The case itself has the metal contacts, but they are poorly made and started to peel off in about a week. This gave me almost no data, anywhere, even though my girlfriend's TB had full data with her OEM extended door.

4ccf6

The contact on the left is starting to come off for sure.
So yeah, good battery, bad door. This battery is bigger in size than the OEM 2750 mah, but the OEM extended battery door still fits over this cheaper battery.

I just use the normal battery now. I get about 15 hours out of it a day, so it's good for me.

Reactions: SoDev

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Can that battery fir in the 2750Mah door from VZ? If so, i'll take it.

I can tell you from experience that it does indeed fit and work. I have the oem battery and cover and brought this as a spare. It works fine. Now it will take me a couple more days to compare performance and even longer to compare lifespan. But for that price, it is worth the chance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non