Are any of the other "extended" batteries any good?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the official 2750 battery, and the battery life is definitely nice. But I'm kind of tired of having the extra protrusion on the back of my phone. Are any of the smaller ones good for battery life? I've heard of ones that range from 1600-1750, but I've also heard that some of them are fake, and/ or the battery life is near identical to the stock 1400 battery...

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard any significant proof that the 1600s REALLY give any extra capacity that isn't explained away by some other change the person did.. (like "Wow, I got this 1600 battery, and now that I'm only using wifi I'm getting 2 days charge out of it!" ;) )

I think the 3rd party batteries are mostly overrated (in terms of stated power, not overrated by users)...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hm... Honestly, I wouldn't mind having to charge my phone more frequently, but I'd like to be able to not have to worry about my battery getting through an 8-9 hour day. On the stock battery, I'd be down to about 10-20% in that period of time, whereas, on the 2750, I'm only down to about 75-80% in the same span of time. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me; being that 2750 is almost double that of the stock battery, shouldn't the stock battery be leaving me with closer to 40-50% left in 8-9 hours? Or do I just not understand what those capacities actually mean?

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I've actually noticed some of the same weirdness in terms of capacity since I got my extended battery a few weeks ago. (maybe not quite as extreme as yours, but I do have to really work to get my extended battery down to 60% in one day when I use the phone the same as I would on the stock battery) I've been chalking it up to the fact the stock battery is 6 months old and has probably lost some capacity by now.. but who knows, maybe it can handle a bigger voltage drain/pull a bit more gracefully than the small capacity battery.

judpma012

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Siedio 2750 and the Verizon HTC 2750. they look identical and both work very well....I look at it this way if you need the power or longer battery life get the extended and live with the bulk...if you can;t live with the bulk put chargers all over the place cause you will need them....me I put up with a little bulk and only charge my phone once a day or less....to each his or her own!!!

luketrocity

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the 2750 from Seidio and I only get 15 hours max out of it. I want a phone that can last 1 day without being charged, I dont think thats to much to ask .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer