03-13-2012 08:46 PM
268 ... 91011
tools
    Thanks Syny, but when i go to the verizon store to view the battery all i get is a wish list link. No link to actually purchase it. Am i missing something?

Also, there seem to be a lot of negative reviews for that charger. A lot of people claiming it comes with the wrong "plate" and their batteries don't fit?
    02-26-2012 03:17 PM
    Thanks Syny, but when i go to the verizon store to view the battery all i get is a wish list link. No link to actually purchase it. Am i missing something?

Also, there seem to be a lot of negative reviews for that charger. A lot of people claiming it comes with the wrong "plate" and their batteries don't fit?
    It does that sometimes, not sure why. You'll have to go the long route:

Go to Set Your Location

Enter your zipcode, then type Rezound in the "Search by Device" box and click the search button to the right. Then select the Rezound above. You'll then have to click "Show All" to see all accessories. Scroll down to the standard battery and there should be an option "Add to cart" now.

Not sure what to tell you on the Seidio charger. It came with the correct plate and has worked great for me. Just wanted to point it out as you don't need to use your charger and cable that came with the phone. It just plugs directly into the wall. Whereas the HTC one on Verizon's site, you will need to use the charger and cable.

More info on the chargers here:

Seidio Multi-Function Spare Battery Charger for HTC Merge, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound

HTC Battery Charger for HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Merge, HTC MyTouch 4G
    J-Dam likes this.
    02-26-2012 04:02 PM
    Got it to work, thanks. Now i just hope it works in my bolt. Like i said, tried one out at the store and it wouldn't even boot up my phone.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to go ahead and order both the battery and charger.
    02-26-2012 05:17 PM
    Got it to work, thanks. Now i just hope it works in my bolt. Like i said, tried one out at the store and it wouldn't even boot up my phone.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to go ahead and order both the battery and charger.
    Dozens of people in these forums are using this in their Thunderbolts with no problems. I wouldn't worry about it. It will work. It's not unusual for batteries to be dead or nearly so when you get them.
    J-Dam likes this.
    02-26-2012 08:59 PM
    Dozens of people in these forums are using this in their Thunderbolts with no problems. I wouldn't worry about it. It will work. It's not unusual for batteries to be dead or nearly so when you get them.
    Thanks, i just want my slim phone back. I went back to my original tbolt battery the other day to get the slim feel and literally watched the battery drain before my eyes. Didn't take long to throw the extended battery back in.
    02-27-2012 10:40 AM
    Got the battery yesterday. It booted up with 40% so i charged it overnight with the phone off. Bump charged it 3 times this morning. It stayed at 100% for nearly 3 hours but started dropping at a pretty good clip after that. Currently at 42% after 8hrs 45min of moderate use(Pandora, Youtube, Texting and browser). My first impression is that it is no better than the OEM tbolt battery. Hopefully it will get batter after a few cycles...hopefully. Ordered a second one along with the Seido wall charger.
    03-01-2012 03:40 PM
    (Pandora, Youtube, Texting and browser.
    This is an interesting definition of "moderate use" Youtube and Pandora are two of the worst battery hogs out there. From what you have descried you are doing quite well actually.

This battery is not a wonder cure, or an extended life battery crammed into the size of a stock battery. It's a slightly more powerful battery than the stock one that works well for those who need a little more boost to get through the day (i.e. a couple more hours). If you're a heavy user, and/or the stock battery wasn't lasting you half a day then you will be a lot better served bu getting a regular extended life battery.
    03-02-2012 01:23 AM
    This is an interesting definition of "moderate use" Youtube and Pandora are two of the worst battery hogs out there. From what you have descried you are doing quite well actually.

This battery is not a wonder cure, or an extended life battery crammed into the size of a stock battery. It's a slightly more powerful battery than the stock one that works well for those who need a little more boost to get through the day (i.e. a couple more hours). If you're a heavy user, and/or the stock battery wasn't lasting you half a day then you will be a lot better served bu getting a regular extended life battery.
    I should have specified the amount of time spent using each. I said moderate because i was only on youtube and pandora probably a total of 20 minutes combined. Believe it or not, pandora doesn't really hog my battery when i use it. Don't know why, but it doesn't. Anyway, i think one member here said it best. "it sips from 100% to around 80%, gulps until around 30% and then sips the rest of the way". Just charged it overnight and now i'll bump charge it again and see how it goes on a second cycle. I got around 12 hours out of the first cycle. IIRC, my OEM tbolt battery was getting that. Not expecting a miracle, was just hoping for a little more.
    03-02-2012 06:53 AM
    I should have specified the amount of time spent using each. I said moderate because i was only on youtube and pandora probably a total of 20 minutes combined. Believe it or not, pandora doesn't really hog my battery when i use it. Don't know why, but it doesn't. Anyway, i think one member here said it best. "it sips from 100% to around 80%, gulps until around 30% and then sips the rest of the way". Just charged it overnight and now i'll bump charge it again and see how it goes on a second cycle. I got around 12 hours out of the first cycle. IIRC, my OEM tbolt battery was getting that. Not expecting a miracle, was just hoping for a little more.
    For me here its also about 4G vs 3G. With the radio set to 3G the difference with this battery is dramatic. In 4G mode (mind you, this is whether or not I actually get 4G reception) the battery is only a tad better than the stock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 08:41 AM
    For me here its also about 4G vs 3G. With the radio set to 3G the difference with this battery is dramatic. In 4G mode (mind you, this is whether or not I actually get 4G reception) the battery is only a tad better than the stock.

I'm in the same boat. A lot of people on here don't notice much difference but there some like us that have a HUGE difference in battery life comparing 3G vs 4G. Kind of weird.
    03-02-2012 05:27 PM
    I'm in the same boat. A lot of people on here don't notice much difference but there some like us that have a HUGE difference in battery life comparing 3G vs 4G. Kind of weird.
    4G just runs through the extra battery that much faster. 3G is where the life really gets extended
    03-02-2012 05:41 PM
    4G just runs through the extra battery that much faster. 3G is where the life really gets extended
    I look forward to getting over my thrill of having 4G in the local area ... so I can turn it off more long-term and start getting my battery back. ;-)

03-02-2012 06:06 PM
    I look forward to getting over my thrill of having 4G in the local area ... so I can turn it off more long-term and start getting my battery back. ;-)

That's what you need to do. I find 3G more than adequate anyways. 4G is just a waste.
    03-02-2012 11:22 PM
    To each their own. For me, turning off 4G is like having an HD television and only watching non-HD content on it. It feels like a waste of the device's capability and your enjoyment of it. Why have an LTE device then? But, I guess I come at it from a different perspective as my battery life actually improved when LTE went live back in Oct. 2011 (stronger signal, virtually eliminated signal loss/switching which I strongly believe is the real battery drain, not LTE itself). Sprinkle in a little Gingerbread and this Rezound 1620mAh battery and I can easily make it through an entire day on light to moderate use (rarely use the extended battery anymore). With LTE, I find that I'm able to get things done faster and allow the phone to go back to standby quicker. I also enjoy using it much more than I did on 3G.
    808TBolt likes this.
    03-05-2012 08:36 AM
    I finally had the patience to use the Rezound battery for a week to really get some time on it, and I think I'm getting almost the same useful time that I was getting with the extended battery. At night when I go to bed and put it on charge, it doesn't have as much left as the extended battery, but it got through my moderate use day with power to spare.
    03-07-2012 08:20 PM
    I finally had the patience to use the Rezound battery for a week to really get some time on it, and I think I'm getting almost the same useful time that I was getting with the extended battery. At night when I go to bed and put it on charge, it doesn't have as much left as the extended battery, but it got through my moderate use day with power to spare.
    Which is exactly the point. It's not a replacement for the extended life battery, but rather an alternative for those who want a thin phone and only need a little more juice to get a few more hours use than the stock battery offers.
    03-07-2012 08:45 PM

That's what you need to do. I find 3G more than adequate anyways. 4G is just a waste.
    I certainly wouldn't call it a waste, I bought this phone for 4G and I intend to use it!...but in my experience, 4G definitely runs through battery faster. My normal routine is as such:

4G is the normal setting where I usually keep my radio. When at home, I turn on WIFI to conserve battery (and network data usage). My home network is very fast, so it's not like I'm taking a hit on speed to switch over to wifi.

*IF* I know I'm going to be out all day without a charger or in areas where there is no 4G (or poor 4G coverage), I'll switch it down to 3G to make sure I'm not wasting extra power.

This system works pretty well for me, and with the Rezound battery, I can definitely make it all day on a single charge in normal conditions.
    Alma likes this.
    03-08-2012 08:15 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. A Verizon corporate store gave me a Rezound battery as a warranty replacement for my launch-day ThunderBolt battery.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Verizon corporate just replaced my other launch day ThunderBolt battery with a free red Rezound battery. This time we're only few day shy of the 1-year warranty expiration. Good job, Big V.

Thanks, Robrecht
    03-13-2012 08:46 PM
268 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD