Rezound battery fits the ThunderBolt for $19.99

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see if this was mentioned, but I recently purchased the HTC Rezound for my wife and ordered another battery from VZW for $19.99, I put that battery in my Thunderbolt and it works great. Even with daily usage from medium to heavy, getting at least 14-20 hours of battery life. Iam running a rooted Tbolt and I'm using Skyraider rom and it is great. The phone should have been released with this battery. I have used the bigger extended battery and hated the extra size. Sure it is easy to hold in the hand, but that is just the trade off for having better phone life.

If you love your Tbolt and can't get an upgrade soon, order this battery. You will not be disappointed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It isn't recommended to use that battery on the thunderbolt. It may fit but it isn't made for it. If you ruin the tb it is an issue you wont have a leg to stand on. Using a battery not recommended for your phone voids out any warranty you have. Not worth it

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It isn't recommended to use that battery on the thunderbolt. It may fit but it isn't made for it. If you ruin the tb it is an issue you wont have a leg to stand on. Using a battery not recommended for your phone voids out any warranty you have. Not worth it

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A Verizon corporate store gave me a Rezound battery as a warranty replacement for my launch-day ThunderBolt battery.

Thanks, Robrecht

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see if this was mentioned, but I recently purchased the HTC Rezound for my wife and ordered another battery from VZW for $19.99, I put that battery in my Thunderbolt and it works great. Even with daily usage from medium to heavy, getting at least 14-20 hours of battery life. Iam running a rooted Tbolt and I'm using Skyraider rom and it is great. The phone should have been released with this battery. I have used the bigger extended battery and hated the extra size. Sure it is easy to hold in the hand, but that is just the trade off for having better phone life.

If you love your Tbolt and can't get an upgrade soon, order this battery. You will not be disappointed.

Look in the TB accessories section. There's two threads on this

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Anyone notice any issue with the voltage on the rezound being 3.8v and the stock and all after market batteries bring 3.7v?

Or does anyone know if this would cause an issue like overheating the phone or anything?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice any issue with the voltage on the rezound being 3.8v and the stock and all after market batteries bring 3.7v?

Or does anyone know if this would cause an issue like overheating the phone or anything?

No issue. When the LIpos are charged up they charge to ~4.2 volts. So at 100% you phone is getting 4.2V. It'll discharge down to about 3.6V depending on the battery/charging system.

The 3.7/3.8v rating is just the spec for the lithium battery.

Get the app system panel, it'll show this. Or any app like "current widget:, battery monitor etc...

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Battery has same contacts just more mAH, it can't 'ruin' the phone. Even if it were able to ruin the phone, how would they ever prove that you used that battery?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

As of today, 50% is no longer the deal. They are now 25% off.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Normally I'd agree with this, but in this case, it appears that the Rezound battery has the same power output, fits in the slot with the existing case, and is made by the same OEM -- seems like a very low-risk, high reward finding.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power