Rezound battery fits the ThunderBolt for $19.99

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. A lot of people on here don't notice much difference but there some like us that have a HUGE difference in battery life comparing 3G vs 4G. Kind of weird.

4G just runs through the extra battery that much faster. 3G is where the life really gets extended :)

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
4G just runs through the extra battery that much faster. 3G is where the life really gets extended :)

I look forward to getting over my thrill of having 4G in the local area ... so I can turn it off more long-term and start getting my battery back. ;-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to getting over my thrill of having 4G in the local area ... so I can turn it off more long-term and start getting my battery back. ;-)

That's what you need to do. I find 3G more than adequate anyways. 4G is just a waste.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
To each their own. For me, turning off 4G is like having an HD television and only watching non-HD content on it. It feels like a waste of the device's capability and your enjoyment of it. Why have an LTE device then? But, I guess I come at it from a different perspective as my battery life actually improved when LTE went live back in Oct. 2011 (stronger signal, virtually eliminated signal loss/switching which I strongly believe is the real battery drain, not LTE itself). Sprinkle in a little Gingerbread and this Rezound 1620mAh battery and I can easily make it through an entire day on light to moderate use (rarely use the extended battery anymore). With LTE, I find that I'm able to get things done faster and allow the phone to go back to standby quicker. I also enjoy using it much more than I did on 3G. :)

pegleg#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I finally had the patience to use the Rezound battery for a week to really get some time on it, and I think I'm getting almost the same useful time that I was getting with the extended battery. At night when I go to bed and put it on charge, it doesn't have as much left as the extended battery, but it got through my moderate use day with power to spare.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I finally had the patience to use the Rezound battery for a week to really get some time on it, and I think I'm getting almost the same useful time that I was getting with the extended battery. At night when I go to bed and put it on charge, it doesn't have as much left as the extended battery, but it got through my moderate use day with power to spare.

Which is exactly the point. It's not a replacement for the extended life battery, but rather an alternative for those who want a thin phone and only need a little more juice to get a few more hours use than the stock battery offers.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

That's what you need to do. I find 3G more than adequate anyways. 4G is just a waste.

I certainly wouldn't call it a waste, I bought this phone for 4G and I intend to use it!...but in my experience, 4G definitely runs through battery faster. My normal routine is as such:

4G is the normal setting where I usually keep my radio. When at home, I turn on WIFI to conserve battery (and network data usage). My home network is very fast, so it's not like I'm taking a hit on speed to switch over to wifi.

*IF* I know I'm going to be out all day without a charger or in areas where there is no 4G (or poor 4G coverage), I'll switch it down to 3G to make sure I'm not wasting extra power.

This system works pretty well for me, and with the Rezound battery, I can definitely make it all day on a single charge in normal conditions.

Reactions: Alma

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it too much. A Verizon corporate store gave me a Rezound battery as a warranty replacement for my launch-day ThunderBolt battery.

Thanks, Robrecht
Verizon corporate just replaced my other launch day ThunderBolt battery with a free red Rezound battery. This time we're only few day shy of the 1-year warranty expiration. Good job, Big V.

Thanks, Robrecht