03-13-2012 08:46 PM
268 123 ...
tools
    I didn't see if this was mentioned, but I recently purchased the HTC Rezound for my wife and ordered another battery from VZW for $19.99, I put that battery in my Thunderbolt and it works great. Even with daily usage from medium to heavy, getting at least 14-20 hours of battery life. Iam running a rooted Tbolt and I'm using Skyraider rom and it is great. The phone should have been released with this battery. I have used the bigger extended battery and hated the extra size. Sure it is easy to hold in the hand, but that is just the trade off for having better phone life.

If you love your Tbolt and can't get an upgrade soon, order this battery. You will not be disappointed.
    Green_Laser, Jux, ggrr8t and 15 others like this.
    11-20-2011 04:10 PM
    It isn't recommended to use that battery on the thunderbolt. It may fit but it isn't made for it. If you ruin the tb it is an issue you wont have a leg to stand on. Using a battery not recommended for your phone voids out any warranty you have. Not worth it

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    11-20-2011 04:36 PM
    It isn't recommended to use that battery on the thunderbolt. It may fit but it isn't made for it. If you ruin the tb it is an issue you wont have a leg to stand on. Using a battery not recommended for your phone voids out any warranty you have. Not worth it

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A Verizon corporate store gave me a Rezound battery as a warranty replacement for my launch-day ThunderBolt battery.

Thanks, Robrecht
    11-20-2011 04:57 PM
    I didn't see if this was mentioned, but I recently purchased the HTC Rezound for my wife and ordered another battery from VZW for $19.99, I put that battery in my Thunderbolt and it works great. Even with daily usage from medium to heavy, getting at least 14-20 hours of battery life. Iam running a rooted Tbolt and I'm using Skyraider rom and it is great. The phone should have been released with this battery. I have used the bigger extended battery and hated the extra size. Sure it is easy to hold in the hand, but that is just the trade off for having better phone life.

If you love your Tbolt and can't get an upgrade soon, order this battery. You will not be disappointed.
    Look in the TB accessories section. There's two threads on this
    11-20-2011 05:28 PM
    Anyone notice any issue with the voltage on the rezound being 3.8v and the stock and all after market batteries bring 3.7v?

Or does anyone know if this would cause an issue like overheating the phone or anything?
    11-20-2011 08:00 PM
    Anyone notice any issue with the voltage on the rezound being 3.8v and the stock and all after market batteries bring 3.7v?

Or does anyone know if this would cause an issue like overheating the phone or anything?
    No issue. When the LIpos are charged up they charge to ~4.2 volts. So at 100% you phone is getting 4.2V. It'll discharge down to about 3.6V depending on the battery/charging system.

The 3.7/3.8v rating is just the spec for the lithium battery.

Get the app system panel, it'll show this. Or any app like "current widget:, battery monitor etc...
    11-20-2011 08:17 PM
    The Rezound battery also says 3.7V on it. Not sure where the rumor got started that it is 3.8V.

Thanks, Robrecht
    TBolt2011 likes this.
    11-20-2011 08:23 PM
    This has been mentioned in two separate threads in the actual Accessories Forums.
    11-20-2011 09:56 PM
    What is the mAh on that battery?
    11-20-2011 10:09 PM
    1620 mAh
    11-20-2011 10:35 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...orks-well.html

You'll find that and a lot more info on the ACCESSORY here...
    11-20-2011 10:44 PM

Battery has same contacts just more mAH, it can't 'ruin' the phone. Even if it were able to ruin the phone, how would they ever prove that you used that battery?
    11-20-2011 11:10 PM
    So the Rezound battery is Lithium Polymer?
    11-21-2011 06:47 AM
    So the Rezound battery is Lithium Polymer?
    Have you seen somewhere that it is Lithion Polymer? That could account for thinner and beefier.

-Frank
    11-21-2011 10:39 AM

As of today, 50% is no longer the deal. They are now 25% off.
    11-21-2011 01:35 PM
    As of today, 50% is no longer the deal. They are now 25% off.
    Sorry..... just ordered mine 2 minutes ago, still $19.99. You must be still logged into your account, log out it will be $19.99.
    11-21-2011 02:22 PM
    Sorry..... just ordered mine 2 minutes ago, still $19.99. You must be still logged into your account, log out it will be $19.99.
    Agreed - ordered mine a little while ago. $21.53 total.
    11-21-2011 02:45 PM

Normally I'd agree with this, but in this case, it appears that the Rezound battery has the same power output, fits in the slot with the existing case, and is made by the same OEM -- seems like a very low-risk, high reward finding.
    11-21-2011 03:38 PM
    Apparently, some Rezound batteries are marked as 3.7V and others are marked as 3.8V with the same model number but slightly different Whr rating (see Post #s 18 & 20):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=134344

Thanks, Robrecht
    11-21-2011 04:13 PM
    Apparently, some Rezound batteries are marked as 3.7V and others are marked as 3.8V with the same model number but slightly different Whr rating (see Post #s 18 & 20):

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=134344

Thanks, Robrecht
    That makes no sense... Why would you have two different batteries for the same phone. Sound like that could cause some issues.
    11-21-2011 06:36 PM
    That makes no sense... Why would you have two different batteries for the same phone. Sound like that could cause some issues.
    I suspect HTC has at least two different vendors manufacturing these batteries. Typically, you would expect vendors to manufacture the batteries to HTC's exact specifications. But maybe one vendor proposed comparable but not exact specs? Or maybe there was a miscommunication? It certainly does seem weird.

Thanks, Robrecht
    11-21-2011 07:17 PM
    This battery is better than the stock Tbolt battery.

Remember. They are, constantly, trying to improve 4G battery performance. Not all of it has to do with the radio or phone. Much of it has to do with the actual battery. I think they nailed it, with this one.

Buy it, now. Trust me.
    11-21-2011 07:35 PM
    I suspect HTC has at least two different vendors manufacturing these batteries. Typically, you would expect vendors to manufacture the batteries to HTC's exact specifications. But maybe one vendor proposed comparable but not exact specs? Or maybe there was a miscommunication? It certainly does seem weird.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Or a typo on the battery marking template.

-Frank
    11-21-2011 07:35 PM
    For what it is worth to anyone who really cares about their phone. I called HTC and talked with a tech.
    Her name is Hannah and if you don't believe me call them yourself.

(I sold wireless for a long time and I would never recommend my customers buying or using an accessory that wasn't compatible for their phone.)

It is NOT recommended to use the Rezound battery in the Thunderbolt.

So, do what you want, but just as I had stated before, even HTC does not recommend it.

Also, if the phone is ruined from using the wrong battery, a tech can usually figure it out if they really know how to do their job.

You wouldn't use a battery in your car that wasn't the right size and voltage......so why would you on your phone? It is a mini computer........and expensive. Treat it right !

Call HTC if you don't believe me.
    11-21-2011 08:28 PM
    I also don't think it is right for a Verizon rep to sell a battery just to get a sale.........shame on them!
    Do your job right.........sell what is compatible for the phone the customer has.

My two cents and am sticking to it.
    11-21-2011 08:30 PM
268 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD