05-20-2011 07:38 PM
52 123
tools
    Yay my case arrived today. I'm surprised for a 4$ total case it's actually quite nice.

I also have Phantom Skinz coming too so I have my options open on carrying the phone.
    02-18-2011 01:02 PM
    I think I'll go with the Seidio Innocase II Surface and screen protector, since they are available to order now, and are comparably priced to what will be out there at launch, then get their battery too when it comes out. A lot of what else is available now (eg. eBay, Amazon) looks like junk. I don't want to cheap out, and want this phone to stay in great condition to draw top dollar on eBay when I resell it in a year. The glass is supposed to be tough, but accidents happen.

After other companies have a few weeks/months to make some stuff, I'll check around again to see what peoples' experiences are and if I need to upgrade accessories again. I may try Boxwave, Zagg, Case Mate, or Otterbox stuff at some point.
    02-19-2011 05:29 AM
    My incredible has gorilla glass and I'm hoping that the thunderbolt has it as well.
    you sure about that? I don't think any HTC products have gorilla glass....
    02-21-2011 03:52 PM
    you sure about that? I don't think any HTC products have gorilla glass....
    Gorilla® Glass is the brand name for Corning's name for their alkali-aluminosilicate sheet glass.

HTC has a version that someone on this forum mentioned as "Opaque Aluminum-Silicone Base". It's available on their Droid Incredible, and I think, Evo 4G and Desire HD as well.
    02-21-2011 09:52 PM
    SGP Steinheil has screen protectors available now
    02-24-2011 02:14 PM
    I’ve been in the Droid X forum for five months now and have noticed countless people complain that the Droid X has received a scratch to the screen. The Droid X does have Gorilla Glass, and it is tough, but not infallible. Do yourself a favor and invest $12 to protect $120 worth of display. SGP and Seidio make wonderful screen protectors, I have only used the Seidio’s and I love em; they are dry apply and they cover the entire glass surface and not just the screen. Use Crystal clear ones as most of the anti-glare that I have notice wreck the clarity of your new beautiful display.

As for cases, there is a Superior Dual Cover case sold only in VZW Corporate B&M stores for the Droid X, check it out and see if they have one for the TB. Another option for a tougher and heavier duty case is the Trident Kraken series of cases, wait for that one to come out.
    03-05-2011 02:27 PM
    Does the ghost armor come on over time when you put the phone in your pocket? thxs.

trying to figure out what case I will get for my TB when it FINALLY arrives.
    I've been wondering the same thing about the Ghost Armor full body covering. I had an Invisible Shield (full body) on my Nexus One, but after about a week of putting it in and out of my pocket on a daily basis the corners/edges peeled off and that's where I need protection the most!

Anyone that has used Ghost Armor, please let us know how it holds up! Thanks!
    03-07-2011 03:30 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing about the Ghost Armor full body covering. I had an Invisible Shield (full body) on my Nexus One, but after about a week of putting it in and out of my pocket on a daily basis the corners/edges peeled off and that's where I need protection the most!

Anyone that has used Ghost Armor, please let us know how it holds up! Thanks!
    My gf has GA on her feature phone and has had the GA on since Summer. The corners are fine and there is no pealing up of the corners. Dust collects slightly in the edges but that's it. She carriers it in her purse.

I have Phantom skinz waiting for my bolt and when/if the bolt gets here I'll do a comparison on which I think is better as far as screen clarity, smoothness, etc...
    03-09-2011 03:37 PM
    Thanks Forgetful! I look forward to reading your comparison!
    03-09-2011 04:03 PM
    Anyone have good or bad past experiences with Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case
    looking at picking one up for $10 on Amazon, but leaning more towards Seidio Active X or Rugged case plus Holster.

Seeking anyone who has used either on Incredible maybe guess doesn't have to be HTC phone. Just curious how much either are for collecting lint from being in pocket or backpack. Also how much they actually protect from dropping the phone being 6'3 it is a long ways down
    03-11-2011 07:27 PM
    I guess I'm the only one who uses Clarivue I love their ultra clear version. You flat out cannot see that thing on there but what I like most is that it's the static cling variety so no liquids. Just wish they had some ready to go
    03-16-2011 06:51 PM
    i got random luxmo ones from amazon for cheap. when i got them i looked at them and i am wondering if they will fit the whole screen of the phone. seems like they wont go from earpiece all the way down and just go from the touch display down and start just below the ear piece. hmmmmm.
    03-16-2011 08:23 PM
    can anyone tell me anything about the seidio cases? are they any good?
    03-17-2011 01:01 PM
    Well I installed the Phantom Skinz body protector.

I definitely recommend the matte body part. It looks sweet.

As far as the screen, well it's installed right now (I did the glossy, not matte) and I just have to wait 48 hours to see if the bubbles and haze goes away. I hope they do.
    03-18-2011 11:34 PM
    i just found an online coupon code for 7 bucks off this case mate pop case:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=C2FmXiNV

I went with white for some reason I like it. Usually I'm a black case kind of guy. here is the code:

CM02-AR20

Also has a free shipping option
    03-19-2011 12:56 AM
    i just found an online coupon code for 7 bucks off this case mate pop case:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=1P2a_zIn

I went with white for some reason I like it. Usually I'm a black case kind of guy. here is the code:

CM02-AR20

Also has a free shipping option
    Thanks coupon worked. I am hoping someone posts a video review soon. How'd you find the coupon for that? was it on a forum?
    03-19-2011 11:48 AM
    I bought the screen protectors sold by Verizon. I have had screen protectors on all of my touch screen items. I have never had as many problems getting them applied as I did with these. It was a 3-pack, and I wasted two of them already. I'll have to dig up what brand I used on my Droid. I had no problems with that one at all. I would prefer to go without, but am concerned about scratches. The phone is in and out of the back pocket of my jeans a lot.
    03-19-2011 02:03 PM
    I HATE cases... I love the naked feel of a phone, but I still like my phone semi-protected and bought a Phantomskinz Chromatic black carbon fiber..
    Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Thunderbolt- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

I have the White carbon fiber installed on my iPod Touch 4g.. and it's perfect for people that don't like cases.

Will post pictures when installed.
    03-19-2011 02:48 PM
    Anyone like the Body Glove option they sell here? I'm looking for one for my wife that isn't a hard shell, but isn't sticky rubber.
    03-19-2011 08:22 PM
    someone was asking about the Amzer jelly case. That's the one I bought. High gloss argyle pattern in smoke grey. Really like it. Subtle pattern but nice looking. It's semi-transparent, which is perfect for the grey color. I think the black would look nice too. I noticed it also comes in a hot pink and an orange and clear/whitish. I'm not one to beat up on my phone a lot so i only need simple protection, to protect from scratching, and i think this will be just fine.
    03-19-2011 10:04 PM
    Anyone like the Body Glove option they sell here? I'm looking for one for my wife that isn't a hard shell, but isn't sticky rubber.
    How about something that's a bit of both? From eBay
    03-20-2011 12:45 AM
    How about something that's a bit of both? From eBay
    How is it both?
    03-20-2011 12:23 PM
    someone was asking about the Amzer jelly case. That's the one I bought. High gloss argyle pattern in smoke grey. Really like it. Subtle pattern but nice looking. It's semi-transparent, which is perfect for the grey color. I think the black would look nice too. I noticed it also comes in a hot pink and an orange and clear/whitish. I'm not one to beat up on my phone a lot so i only need simple protection, to protect from scratching, and i think this will be just fine.
    Where did you buy it? Amazon shows it as not available yet.
    03-20-2011 12:25 PM
    I HATE cases... I love the naked feel of a phone, but I still like my phone semi-protected and bought a Phantomskinz Chromatic black carbon fiber..
    Phantom Skinz Chromatics for HTC Thunderbolt- Colored Protection Film, Cases, Covers

I have the White carbon fiber installed on my iPod Touch 4g.. and it's perfect for people that don't like cases.

Will post pictures when installed.

I've used Skinit before. I have a Yoda skin on my laptop and it's pretty durable. I just noticed that Skinit is selling TBolt patterns now and you can design your own there. My daughter is looking to create her own skin from Skinit and then find a clear case to put over it in effect making her own phone case design.
    03-20-2011 12:41 PM
    I have been wanting to get the Phantom Skinz Chromatics blk carbon fiber since I got my phone, but I was waiting for a discount. I just bought it and got a 25% discount with coupon code "summersale25".
    05-16-2011 09:07 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD