Got my accessories, including the HTC extended battery!

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I decided to stop by my local VZW Corporate store and check on the Thunderbolt. Confirmed when they'd be opening, but didn't get a good idea of how many they'd have.

While I was there, one of the employees was putting out new items, all accessories for the Thunderbolt! I decided to pickup the screen protector, the silicon case (not sure if this will work with the extended battery), the extended battery, and the vehicle mount (which surprisingly does not include a car charger!).

For comparison's sake, I have my Tmobile G1 and a battery from the G1 in the pics.

I don't have the actual phone yet - so I can't show you what the extended battery door will look like on the phone itself.

Hopefully the pics aren't too big, I resized them to 1280x960...

Pic of all my goodies:
attachment.php

Pic of the extended battery and door:
attachment.php

Pics of my Tmobile G1 battery versus the HTC Extended battery:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Pic of the HTC Extended battery (2750mAH!):
attachment.php

More pics of the Tmobile G1 battery versus the Thunderbolt's extended battery:
attachment.php

Pic of the battery door:
attachment.php

Pic of the battery door versus the Tmobile G1 battery door:
attachment.php

Pic of the battery door versus the Tmobile G1 lying on its back:
attachment.php

Pic of the battery door versus the Tmobile G1 lying on its face:
attachment.php

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Bad news -- based on my quick look at the Window and Dash Vehicle Mount - the Extended battery door will not fit with the mount.

Not a huge deal since you can just swap back to the original door and battery, but sort of a pain in the rear since you have to turn off the phone to do the swap.

Fhiz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not a huge deal since you can just swap back to the original door and battery, but sort of a pain in the rear since you have to turn off the phone to do the swap.
Or, I'm assuming you could stick it in a car charger, take off the extended bettery and boom, there you go.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the car mount have a cut out where a charger can be plugged into it? This is the trickiest accessory to get for this phone.

I don't want a window mount, I prefer vent or cupholder. All the generic models out now can hold the device but most seem to block the charger slot.

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does the car mount have a cut out where a charger can be plugged into it? This is the trickiest accessory to get for this phone.

I don't want a window mount, I prefer vent or cupholder. All the generic models out now can hold the device but most seem to block the charger slot.

Yes. Actually, the car mount plugs into the micro-usb slot on the phone, and then there's a port at the back of the car mount for you to plug in a car charger to it (also using micro usb). I'm assuming this is to tell the phone to switch to Navigation mode?

Reactions: upz3

umbasa

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
how much did the case and screen protectors. cost if you dont mind me asking. i also get an accessories discount. did they throw in the quarter too?!

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Actually, the car mount plugs into the micro-usb slot on the phone, and then there's a port at the back of the car mount for you to plug in a car charger to it (also using micro usb). I'm assuming this is to tell the phone to switch to Navigation mode?

So you can take the phone out of the mount and leave the mount plugged in? That's cool

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
how much did the case and screen protectors. cost if you dont mind me asking. i also get an accessories discount. did they throw in the quarter too?!

LOL the quarter was just for a size reference. The cost of this case was $14.99, they had 4 or 5 different cases - a bunch of silicone cases in different colors, a black hard plastic, and then a case that said it was silicone on the outside but had a plastic inner shell. I just opted for the cheapest black silicone case. With my discount it was $11.24.

Screen protectors were $12.99, $9.74 with my discount and it comes in a pack of 3. The sales rep told me when I came back tomorrow to get the phone I could bring the screen protectors with me and they'd apply one to the phone for me.

So you can take the phone out of the mount and leave the mount plugged in? That's cool

Yup!

Reactions: umbasa and green77

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow you have the full setup for accessories. Better get in line early because it would really stink to have no phone to go with all the new toys.

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow you have the full setup for accessories. Better get in line early because it would really stink to have no phone to go with all the new toys.

Yeah, I am planning to show up when the doors open, hoping there won't be a line outside. Worst case scenario, I have a pre-order @ BB, not sure if I'd be desperate enough to buy the phone @ BB versus buying it from VZW on a 1-year contract though.

Is that marble or granite?

LOL, it is granite! :)

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I do not like how that back door looks...I think the lines could have been smoothed a bit more at the top to make it look like it belongs. But that's a lot of extra juice.

SHO95#AC

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not fun of the extended battery cover. I rater just buy another regular to swap out. This phone is all ready big and with that battery is not helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12