Screen Protectors?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth it to get the screen protectors or do devices like this rarely scratch

If you don't protect it, IT WILL SCRATCH!!!

I'm usually very cautious with my device at first... then I forget I had my keys in the pocket I just put my device into. I'd say it's better safe then sorry... you can always remove a screen protector, but you can not always remove a scratch.

mharr

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the device. I'm not sure about the Thunderbolt, but I (incl for my wife and son) have bought 4 phones in past 8 months: Samsung Captivate and Focus, iPhone4, and Motorola Atrix. All have Gorilla Glass (or comparable) which will not scratch or wear out. I have taken the point of a metal deck screw and tried to scratch a corner of the screen, and it left no mark whatsoever. So if the device has Gorilla Glass, I won't bother with obscuring the display with a screen protector.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting Ghost Armor installed at a kiosk in the mall. I'm just concerned with the "wet" application, the last thing I want is my phone being ruined by a Ghost Armor installer.

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the Steinheil by SGP, I have their crystal clear protector on my Thunderbolt now and love it. The application was 10 times easier than the wet application ones (i have used Zagg invisishield and bodyguardz) and the look and feel is like you don't have a protector on there at all. Definitely worth the $.

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The old is it, or is it not Gorilla Glass debate.
I asked HTC if they were going to use GG on the Thunderbolt and got this:
@KingChicago We previously used GG. Since other damage-resistant glass tech has become available, we now source from multiple manufacturers.
However, at Corning's site they claim the Tbolt has it.

Regardless, any screen can scratch, even GG. So if you have a tendency to do so, get a protector. I do not use one, just because I make sure not to keep keys in the same pocket as my phone, and have never had a problem. Its all based on how you use it, and how careful you are.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone used the SGP Ultra Fine or Ultra Oleophobic in comparison to new Zagg Clear which promotes smudge / fingerproof resistant?

dchurch85

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I always get them, even though I'm very protective of my phone. With phone manufacturers getting so picky on any damage for warranty replacements, better to be safe than sorry...

suan

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the zagg and I have to say it provides great protection but looks bad. My friend has the sgp and it looks great and feels great but I have noticed he has scratched it up a bit. Not sure how much protection the sgp gives.

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the Splash Masque brand of screen protectors. They are cheap (-er than the Vz branded ones) and easy to install, and cover all of the glass.

Also, the Samsung Galaxy Tab does have the Corning-branded Gorilla Glass, and I dropped it right on its face, and I have three little dents in the screen :(. So yeah, Gorilla Glass will scratch if you try hard enough.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have Ghost Armor on my Incredible and love it. I have used it on all my devices. It is the best.
They have kiosks at the malls and install them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO