Car Dock + Extended Battery?

bliedel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I know the multimedia dock will be compatible with the extended battery, but is the car dock compatible? Does anyone have them so that they can verify?

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just from looking at the car dock, I can practically guarantee it will not support an extended battery.

Sorry.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say, that too.. it most likely wont fit the car dock as I have one.. and it's a tight fit as it is... unless the 1600mah battery will fit the same cover without needing a bigger back cover.. then it will but anything bigger most likely wont.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say, that too.. it most likely wont fit the car dock as I have one.. and it's a tight fit as it is... unless the 1600mAh battery will fit the same cover without needing a bigger back cover.. then it will but anything bigger most likely wont.

FIXED for correctness. :D

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
the VZW extended battery wont fit in the car dock... i dont have the extended battery but the TB fits very very snug in the car dock

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So.... is it reasonable to swap batteries before using the TB for navigation in the car dock?

I hear the back is not easy to remove. Plus I suppose it requires turning the device off and then waiting for start up. That must also take a while.

Is that something people see as reasonable for the average user, or do TB owners need to wait for a 3rd party accessory to fill in the gap?

(I'm not a TB owner. Wanted one, but am waiting to see how the battery stuff shakes out, and hopefully what the Bionic looks like once more rumors hit.)