Spare battery charger?

BriVG

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there one specifically for T-bolt batteries available somewhere? Looked at Seidio - they don't show one yet.

Last edited:

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a couple of these too (bought 2 back-up batteries--a 2nd standard size battery and the bulky extended life battery).

Now I really need a couple of external battery chargers so I can keep the back-ups charged and ready to go. Anybody seen these yet?

I do have a Seidio Multi-Function Charger, but they don't yet have model specific part for the Thunderbolt.

I've also seen some of the super cheap things on eBay, oftentimes budled with 2 or 3 batteries for like $12. Obviously total junk. Since the batteries are 1500 mAh, I think most (if not all) of these are actually for the Sprint EVO 4G and won't even fit, even if I wanted to buy junk, which I don't.

Thanks, Robrecht

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe the TB has the same battery as the MyTouch 4G so maybe look into chargers for that.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
The Multimedia Dock that Verizon will be selling for the Thunderbolt will charge a ThunderBolt AND a spare battery at the same time, Standard or extended battery.

Thunderbolt Multimedia Dock, Extended Battery & Wireless Charging Battery Door Leaked | Android Phone Fans

And if you look on that second screenshot you can see the wireless charging battery cover. The VZW rep I been working with showed this to me also but he didn't know when it was coming out but said it IS coming. This is pretty cool casue it's that inductive battery charging so all you do is, when the phone isn't in use, you just place it on the pad and it charges it while it's sitting there. So there's no need to keep plugging and unpluggin your phone.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Can I use this charger for the battery that comes with the phone as well as an extended battery?
Yes.

This charger is a little larger than others but the nice thing is that it consists of two peices. The 'charging plate' is specific to a particular battery/phone. When you upgrade to a new phone, you can order a new charging plate without having to order a whole new charger.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

This charger is a little larger than others but the nice thing is that it consists of two peices. The 'charging plate' is specific to a particular battery/phone. When you upgrade to a new phone, you can order a new charging plate without having to order a whole new charger.

Thanks, but this one will be fine for the TB...I don't have to purchase a different charging plate?

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but this one will be fine for the TB...I don't have to purchase a different charging plate?
Yes, it comes with the charging plate for the phone for which you first order it. I got one with my old phone, so I just ordered the charging plate for the Thunderbolt.

Reactions: Joe378

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Now which battery by Seidio is a good buy? I don't want that huge one with the big back door though.
Neither. Just buy OEM batteries. Get a 25% discount in Verizon stores this month when you buy at least 3 accessories. Higher quality, cheaper than Seidio, and with a 12-month warranty from Verizon.

Reactions: launchpad

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it comes with the charging plate for the phone for which you first order it. I got one with my old phone, so I just ordered the charging plate for the Thunderbolt.
Got my TB charging plate so my multi-charger can now be used on my 3 TB batteries, can charge the phone and one extra battery at the same time. Just made my life a little easier. I also ordered one of the cheapy Chinese chargers so I will be able to charge two batteries at the same time, either from the wall or from a large travel back-up battery.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Got my TB charging plate so my multi-charger can now be used on my 3 TB batteries, can charge the phone and one extra battery at the same time. Just made my life a little easier. I also ordered one of the cheapy Chinese chargers so I will be able to charge two batteries at the same time, either from the wall or from a large travel back-up battery.

So confirmed this can be used to charge EXTENDED battery (2750 mAh)?

BD3-BCSI3HTMEC-BK-2.jpg

MSRP: US$29.95
Product Code: BD3-BCSI3HTMEC-BK