Headphones with a Remote and a Mic

nycsnuff

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I was looking into headphones with a Remote and a Mic for the HTC Thunderbolt. Does anyone have any good recommendations? As a reference, these are the one I had for my iPhone : Shure Americas | SE115m+ Sound Isolating? Headset with Remote + Mic. The mic and volume control unfortunately do not work with the Thunderbolt.

I was thinking about Beats by Dr. Dre with TalkControl, but am a bit apprehensive spending $170 on headphones that may not work.

Thanks in advance.

nycsnuff

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw them selling Skull Candy at the Verizon store and was hesitant about getting them. How's the sound quality? I travel a lot for work and I need something that will block out the train\plane engines.

nycsnuff

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Just tried the skullcandy 50/50 from Verizon and same issues. Not sure if its my phone now.....

Anyone know of one that fully works?

omnipotent910

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Try the meelec m11p+ or any of the meelec headphones with a "p" designation. They should be compatible with the android phones. I have the m11p+. It's a great headphone - amazing sound quality, especially for the price. The build quality is superb too. I don't have my Tbolt yet, but I can get back to you how well it works with it once my phone arrives on Monday (I have used it with ipod touch and my bb tour and it works well with both of them).

www.meelec.com

edit: these only have one button for picking up/hanging up/muting/etc..contextual depending on what your'e doing and how many button presses you have. There's not volume rocker
https://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=155

Last edited:

raveesor

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i have beats by dre. they are awesome but only allow call answering and play/pause. the volume rockers dont work with android, only iphone.

nycsnuff

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
raveesor, does the Mic work on the beats headphones?

So today, I was out and about and decided to stop by another Verizon store to see if they had any input. The tech tried her Apple headphones which also didn't work. She then said it's an issue with my TB and swapped me out with a new one. The same issue was present. She said she'd post about it on the internal Verizon forums and see if anyone else had a solution for the issue.

I then went to Best Buy to see if anyone there had a recommendations for a working headset with the TB. They recommended the Jaybird - Tiger Eye Earbud Headphones with In-Line Microphone - TE1 . So far so good. They aren't the best of earphones, but at least all the functions work. The reviews on CNET say the quality and customer service are pretty bad, so we will see.

I'm still interested in getting a better quality pair, so if anyone has updates, please reply.

Thanks!

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I was looking into headphones with a Remote and a Mic for the HTC Thunderbolt. Does anyone have any good recommendations? As a reference, these are the one I had for my iPhone : Shure Americas | SE115m+ Sound Isolating? Headset with Remote + Mic. The mic and volume control unfortunately do not work with the Thunderbolt.

I was thinking about Beats by Dr. Dre with TalkControl, but am a bit apprehensive spending $170 on headphones that may not work.

Thanks in advance.

I have the pair of the beats. They wont work with an android phone. Though the sound is amazing still the controls on the headphones are useless. I wish Beats would come out with a green color pair for android.. that would be sick.

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the NuForce NE-700M. It works. The mic is loud and very audible to the person on the other end and the button works to play/pause music. Double tapping the button apparently redials the last called number. No volume control on the remote, though...

Very nice set of in-ear monitors for the price.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon website claims that the following earphones with remote are compatible with the Thunderbolt.
Though the description only mentions remote compatibility with answering calls, not using the remote for music.

link
VZWBUDSHST35
Stereo Ear Bud Headset
In?the?ear stereo headset for mobile phones and music devices. You can listen to your music on your phone and answer a call with the one touch in?line answer/end button. The stereo headset is a pair of in?the?ear miniature speakers combined with an in?line microphone for optimal voice pick up. This headset is a 3.5mm.​

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Really could use some more recommendations on headphones w/ builtin mic. I've always used cheaper headphones and would love to know what kind of sound quality is out there for $70-80.

P7M8

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a pair as well but want to stay under $40. VZW's website shows a pair called Puregear Purebeats but says they're only compatible with the iPhone.

raveesor

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
raveesor, does the Mic work on the beats headphones?

So today, I was out and about and decided to stop by another Verizon store to see if they had any input. The tech tried her Apple headphones which also didn't work. She then said it's an issue with my TB and swapped me out with a new one. The same issue was present. She said she'd post about it on the internal Verizon forums and see if anyone else had a solution for the issue.

I then went to Best Buy to see if anyone there had a recommendations for a working headset with the TB. They recommended the Jaybird - Tiger Eye Earbud Headphones with In-Line Microphone - TE1 . So far so good. They aren't the best of earphones, but at least all the functions work. The reviews on CNET say the quality and customer service are pretty bad, so we will see.

I'm still interested in getting a better quality pair, so if anyone has updates, please reply.

Thanks!
nycsnuff

well i found out the mic doesnt work with the beats and the TB. From what I am hearing though it is an issue with the TB. Who knows, but I hope they figure something out because I have not found any other headphones w/ mic that I like. As far as spending 170, they are well worth it because if they break of the wire frays, you get a brand new pair. Ive done it twice, and its a lot better than getting a $70 set and if they break you have to shell out another $70. I also have the JayBird JB-200 bluetooth set and they are a nuisance to wear, the earbuds dont fit my ears well. It is really annoying that they could mess up the headphone jack that worked great on the DINC.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I saw them selling Skull Candy at the Verizon store and was hesitant about getting them. How's the sound quality? I travel a lot for work and I need something that will block out the train\plane engines.

Well the fmjs are a way higher quality then 50/50's they so and fantastic and compared to my on head headphones they blew me away fro being so small. Skullcandy always brings quality and the FMJ's lifetime warranty isn't to shabby either.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
nycsnuff

well i found out the mic doesnt work with the beats and the TB. From what I am hearing though it is an issue with the TB. Who knows, but I hope they figure something out because I have not found any other headphones w/ mic that I like. As far as spending 170, they are well worth it because if they break of the wire frays, you get a brand new pair. Ive done it twice, and its a lot better than getting a $70 set and if they break you have to shell out another $70. I also have the JayBird JB-200 bluetooth set and they are a nuisance to wear, the earbuds dont fit my ears well. It is really annoying that they could mess up the headphone jack that worked great on the DINC.

Their are 70 dollar headphones that boast a lifetime warranty as well.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

I finally loaded some MP3's on my TB.
The BlueTooth Jabra CLIPPER earbud remote works perfectly for both answering calls and controlling music in the Music app, though in TuneWiki I needed to set the option Override Headset Buttons active to allow the music tracks to be controlled by the remote.

The following controls worked on the Jabra CLIPPER.

Music control
PRESS +: Ear bud volume increase
PRESS -: Ear bud volume decrease
PRESS *: Pause / unpause music
HOLD +: Next track plays
HOLD -: Restart track / Previous track plays
HOLD *: Turn headset off / on

Incoming call ringing (Pauses music)
PRESS *: Answer call via headset
HOLD *: Decline call & resume playing music

Incoming call active
PRESS +: Ear bud volume increase
PRESS -: Ear bud volume decrease
PRESS *: End call & resume playing music
HOLD *: Turn headset off & sound transfers to phone / Turns headset back on and mutes cell

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay