Window Mount

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Is this worth the price? I really want one, since I'm horrible with directions, I get my license on Tuesday(Impossible to fail cuz I payed for lessons, and to fail their test you basically have to initiate a fatal crash or be a dumbass...). But I do have a good questions...

Can I easily remove it(the mount) when I'm not using it? I don't want it just hanging there when I'm in a store or something, I don't live in a big urban city, but there is crime and I don't want someone busting up my windshield for a mount thinking they're gonna find a GPS.

Can I put in on the dashboard, like above the air vents?

The pictures show it in portrait, can I put it in landscape? I don't like the Navigation app in portrait, it looks cramped.

Thanks <3

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It should be pretty easy to remove. I haven't actually used it in my car yet but it looks like all of the others. I did put the phone in it though and once you snap it in it automatically puts it into navigation mode and in landscape. So I have no idea why Verizon shows it in portrait.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

bipolarbear187

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone had tried any of the cheaper mounts out there. This one is quite a bit cheaper: For HTC Thunderbolt 4G Universal Car Auto Windshield Holder Dock Window Suction Cup Mount Dock Cradle Stand

Seems ridiculous to pay $25 for a piece of plastic at the Verizon store.

I have used this type in the past and they tend to be not very sturdy and vibrate because of the long thin arm for the dock. The one I posted above from Amazon would be a better choice for a few bucks more (especially given the heft of the Thunderbolt).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I heard the phone was a bit difficult to remove because it clamps in. But I've had one for my Droid 2 before this and it was great. Definitely good if it's your source of GPS.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the iGrip mount from Verizon and love it. I used iGrip on my BlackBerry too. The round plastic thing will stay stuck to your windshield but you can easily remove the actual cradle.

I only put the cradle up on long trips. I love how when you put the phone in the cradle it opens navigator.

The phone sits nice and snug with no vibration.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i bought the one from verizon. not a big fan of the universal ones, they just look like crap to me. the one from verizon like any window mount has suction cup, you dont have to use that round plate if you dont want to. iv had mine mounted for at least 3 days never fell. but the smooth look of the verizon one was worth the $30. all it takes to remove from window is poppin that suction loose an your done

and no doesnt connect to vents. an does landscape portrait or any angle if your a cool kid lol. its fully adjustable.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought the iGrip mount from Verizon and love it. I used iGrip on my BlackBerry too. The round plastic thing will stay stuck to your windshield but you can easily remove the actual cradle.

I only put the cradle up on long trips. I love how when you put the phone in the cradle it opens navigator.

The phone sits nice and snug with no vibration.

Hey does the locking piece of plastic look like it might scratch your screen?? i got one of those at verizon also, and since i dont have a screen protector, i'm a little nervous about where the locking arm touches the tbolt (might put a piece of adhesive felt on it or something..)

thanks!

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey does the locking piece of plastic look like it might scratch your screen?? i got one of those at verizon also, and since i dont have a screen protector, i'm a little nervous about where the locking arm touches the tbolt (might put a piece of adhesive felt on it or something..)

thanks!

Nothing touches the screen. It's a class act, great dock.

Reactions: zero neck

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon car cradle works well. I'm not a fan of the goose-neck style windshield mounts, they invariably vibrate like crazy when driving. Very annoying. Also not much of a "universal" type fan either. Too clunky and cheap looking. So I decided to pony up the $29.95 for the Verizon store product. Very satisfied. Why skimp to save a handful of sheckles after you just purchased a top of the line communication device? The Verizon store product's arm is actually kind of long and thin, so there is a tiny bit of vibration, but not too much. Igrip made a similar style for my BB that was very sturdy, even better than this product, but dont believe they have custom TB holder yet.

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll take a look later today, could be. My BB igrip had much shorter and less flexible arm mechanism and therefore zero vibration, definitely sturdier than this cradle while driving.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital