Pictures of phone with extended battery cover on??

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post photos of the phone with the 2750 battery and cover on it? I see the battery on verizon, but it doesn't show the cover.....I'd lke to see it in comparison to the orig if possible. How much more does it stick out?

Thanks y'all!

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
What's weird to me is the battery seems to be at least three times as thick yet it's only twice the capacity of the OEM one.

It's not. I have it and love the additional battery life and don't mind the added thickness. The bump in the back actually helps me hold it more securely.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
It's not. I have it and love the additional battery life and don't mind the added thickness. The bump in the back actually helps me hold it more securely.

Going off the YouTube video of the battery itself held against the OEM one, it certainly looks thicker than two OEM batteries would be.

No?

Not commenting about the good/bad aesthetics of it - simply that the bigger battery seems to me more than twice as thick as the OEM battery, yet provides twice the power rating.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that battery door is fugly. That's the catch of using a unibody frame for the phone though. Gotta trade off somethin...

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I HATE about the extended batteries....especially since they are from the OEM...is there are NO cases made for it, you can't use any of the accessories for the phone (docks) without switching back to the stock battery, etc.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am using the 2750 battery and it is UGLY and BIG. I'm not sure yet if I can live with it but I can give you some stats on the usage I'm getting from it. I have the phone configured for max use with most notifications etc. turned off or set to ony check every few hours. I have been using wifi for browsing etc.

I am now at 27 hours with the battery and and actual 7.5 hours of phone use, the rest has been in sleep mode. I have 44 percent battery still left.

R

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Wow, that battery door is fugly.

If you think THAT'S fugly, wait til Seidio comes out with their own extended battery & battery door. hehehe

It's such a relief to not have to worry about dead batteries anymore, though. Well worth the investment, imho.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am using the 2750 battery and it is UGLY and BIG. I'm not sure yet if I can live with it but I can give you some stats on the usage I'm getting from it. I have the phone configured for max use with most notifications etc. turned off or set to ony check every few hours. I have been using wifi for browsing etc.

I am now at 27 hours with the battery and and actual 7.5 hours of phone use, the rest has been in sleep mode. I have 44 percent battery still left.

R
wow ill take fugly over a dead phone.. Is that Verizon extended battery?

graphickellie

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I think an 1820 would be perfect for my usage.

That's what I had on my Droid 2, and of course I know the battery usage wouldn't be the same but I seriously could go almost 2 days without charging it. And I am a pretty heavy user. I hope they come out with one soon.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
HTC seems to miss the happy medium, too small and too fat. How about the normal sized battery that has a mild bump and not the gut hanging over the belt routine.