What case are you all using?

Jace

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised not to find a sticky or guide on favorite case makers. I see some $25 cases like Seidio and Otterbox, and then there are some $3-5 ones on Amazon by random makers. What about the ones Verizon sells? Is there any sort of prevailing wisdom about which cases are best? Silicon, hard, etc.?

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I've found.

There's a new type of case called TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) that offers optical clarity of a hard plastic case while being extremely flexible. You can find a bunch of choices on eBay. I've bought an Epik case in black and matte, a choice that's not available outside of eBay. It should be here soon.

I've also found on eBay a bumper style case (black rubber surround w/ a clear plastic back), supposedly made by Luxmo. It'll be here soon.

Case-mate just released a Pop! case for the Thunderbolt.

HTCPedia.com offers HTC branded case, along with Verizon cases.

Verizonwireless.com also offer a dual layered case, with an inner silicon lining and a hard plastic outer.

BTW, Otterbox hasn't released any design yet.

Reactions: flashpiti

graphickellie

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got one from Verizon. I normally NEVER purchase anything from them but I get a 25% discount from my employer so it was only like 12 bucks. plus they had purple... my favorite color! LOL it's one of the soft rubber like ones.

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got the combo phone cover/holster deal from Verizon and I love it. Only con is with it I won't be switching batteries throughout the day like I did with my uncovered Droid 2 but I have an extra charger so no fear

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the platinum brand one from best buy which is a rebranded seidio and is very nice and includes a holster. There's 10% off this weekend too.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Here are some picture of the Seidio Innocase.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

The case fits nice and tight there is very little chance of it coming off from a drop. It very easy to put on and remove and doesn't add to much bulk.

Reactions: asianrage

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

The case fits nice and tight there is very little chance of it coming off from a drop. It very easy to put on and remove and doesn't add to much bulk.

Thanks for the pics.

Is that a rubberized soft touch finish on the case? Does it cover the interior side of the case as well, along with the felt lining? How's the plastic?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
it adds a little bit of bulk, but nothing drastic. I would upload a picture now, but I do not have another camera so I'll have to use my fiance's iPhone to take the picture and post it tomorrow. It is a two piece case and literally is the easiest install ever. Maybe I'll post a video of putting it on, but its silicon with a hard shell around it. Whoever designed this needs a medal.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Reactions: asianrage

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

I was going to buy that but I found that Seidio makes almost the same set up for Best Buy under the name of Platinum for $34. I will post pics later.

Here is the link to the Best Buy the pic show a Evo 4G but its for the Thunderbolt.

Platinum Series - Case for HTC EVO Shift 4G Mobile Phones - Black - HTC21SB

Last edited:

rocor1993

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have this one also, I like it, it is very easy to put on and take off. I am planning to use the media dock at my bedside, so I need one that was easy off/on. I just wish it came in more colors.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I would like to see one of these companies design a case with a kickstand that let's the phone lean to the opposite side as the stock kickstand. So it could have the center taken out so the stock kickstand worked but then that "hole" is framed with whatever material and that frame is the opposite kickstand. Make sense?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I got one from Verizon. I normally NEVER purchase anything from them but I get a 25% discount from my employer so it was only like 12 bucks. plus they had purple... my favorite color! LOL it's one of the soft rubber like ones.

lol weird. exact same situation with me. I got 25% off the phone and accessories so I picked up a case and screen protector. I like the case design because its a soft case under a hard one

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see one of these companies design a case with a kickstand that let's the phone lean to the opposite side as the stock kickstand. So it could have the center taken out so the stock kickstand worked but then that "hole" is framed with whatever material and that frame is the opposite kickstand. Make sense?

I'm not sure If the Body Glove case lets you do this, but it comes with a removable video kickstand belt clip. It's $18.75 on eBay right, which I'm thinking of getting, due to function and price. Hope link works, if not, just type "thunderbolt body glove" in search field.

Body Glove Hard Shield Cover Case For HTC Thunderbolt - eBay (item 330544347800 end time Mar-24-11 23:15:24 PDT)

Reactions: RetiredJedi

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I really like the Seidio Innocase II, but I'm short on cash and on a real tight budget right now. I've been searching for a case with all the right things I'm looking for. Innocase is the only one that has a separate cutout for every feature and the front is as thin as it comes(not taking anything away from the screen). Body Glove is next on the list and is the one I'm gonna settle for. It looks more sturdy, but the Innocase looks better overall IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781