Best accessories? (case, screen protectors)

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody, I didn't go out and buy the TB day 1.. i'm planning on picking mine up this week. Can anybody tell me what they think the best accessories are for it?

There are a million different kinds of screen protectors that all more or less look the same but the difference in price is huge... is one brand that much better than another?

Also looking for a good belt clip/case. A friend has a pretty sweet hard plastic case that hooks on his belt and his Droid X slides into and out of it with the screen facing inside for protection. I haven't seen anything like that for the Thunderbolt. Any suggestions?

One final question.. lot of places sell extra batteries for the Thunderbolt but they are different mah ratings... is that a problem? Or is it ok to use different mah batteries as long as they fit? I was planning on getting at least one extra battery.

I assume all the wall/car chargers, etc are the same more or less so... if anybody has any other suggestions for must have accessories or any advice on the above i'd appreciate it. Want to order them online and have them before I actually go get the TB so I don't have to pay verizon's ridiculous prices for things like screen protectors when I buy it.

Thanks!

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The screen protector from Verizon just SUCKS! Better off getting a few from ebay. And as for the case I love the Verizon shell/holster combo Set Your Location. I had one for the Incredible that i found on ebay but they do not yet have these on ebay. Also walk in and ask whats the best price you can give me? They will most likely give you some discount. I get a corp discount thanks to my work.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have used the Innocase II surface and holster combo on my BBs and loved them. I just picked up the Platinum case/holster from Best Buy and like it. It is manufactured by Seidio and is virtually the same --except-- the Seidio version has a better surface coating, IMHO. The Platinum is $15 cheaper.

Verizon's screen protectors are terrible. I have had good luck with the crystal clear ones available from Seidio. They are much clearer and seem to resist smudges a bit better. They also feel tougher than the screen condoms that Verizon pushes on us.

I had one of the "slightly extended" batteries from Seidio for my Storm 2 and it was great. It gave me 15-20% more battery life using the same physical size as the OEM battery. This might be enough to get us home vs. having to charge in the middle of the day.

rjpear

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I was a body Glove Case Guy for both my BB Curve and My Droid 1... Until I started using a Car Dock.. then they all went out the window... bleh..

Dfresh

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
The platinum case from best buy is a good value I like this case holster combo better then any of Verizon's offerings. I also got a bodyguardz screen protect because you get 2 for 20 bucks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jdport

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The platinum case from best buy is a good value I like this case holster combo better then any of Verizon's offerings. I also got a bodyguardz screen protect because you get 2 for 20 bucks

Yea but screen protectors online at amazon or ebay you can get 3-5 screen protectors for like $5 or less... that's what got me asking the question.. why are some of them like $20? Should I be looking for a particular brand or is there a good reason why some are priced so high?

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea but screen protectors online at amazon or ebay you can get 3-5 screen protectors for like $5 or less... that's what got me asking the question.. why are some of them like $20? Should I be looking for a particular brand or is there a good reason why some are priced so high?

It comes down to the quality of the plastic they're using. With cheap brand/product, you might get some "rainbow-ing" when looking at the screen. It might reduce light transmission or cause more glare when you go outside. I've experienced all of this. YMMV.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
It comes down to the quality of the plastic they're using. With cheap brand/product, you might get some "rainbow-ing" when looking at the screen. It might reduce light transmission or cause more glare when you go outside. I've experienced all of this. YMMV.

I want the screen protectors that cover the whole front screen and not the ones Verizon gives that don't cover the bottom buttons. Anyone know what brand does that?

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Zagg screens from Best Buy covers the whole screen including the verizon logo, the black border, down past the home/menu buttons. A bit expensive though.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Seidio screen protectors as they seemed easy to put on and lasted a long time. Also, any case by them seems of high quality.

rasfeld.4

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the harder screen protectors so the Steinheil ultra clear protector is what I am using. It covers the whole screen and does not distort the screen at all. As far as case, I am using the Innocase II. It is the same case that I had used on my incredible and so far so good (doesnt add too much thickness).

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Using Verizon screen protector now...

-Fingerprint magnet
-adds glare
-does not cover all glass

So I want the steinhall crystal clear?

What about a case like Verizon's high gloss tpu, but less material on the sides? It makes it a bit difficult to hit outside letters such as p or q.

Gscully

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
can anyone recommend a screen protector that will reduce glare? i was outside yesterday taking a few pictures and i couldn't see them because of the glare.

dannyb884

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg screen protector since I knew that it would cover the entire screen and is guaranteed for life. It doesn't reduce glare, but its easy to clean and for $20 its nice to know that I don't need to buy another protector while I have this phone.