2750mAH Extended battery is worth the buldge

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the bulk is not that bad. So far I haven't had the need to use the extended battery but I always have it with me wherever I go, just in case.

When I had a spare battery for Samsung Fascinate, it came with a charging pod which enabled me to recharge the spare battery in the pod while charging the battery in the phone at the same time. Does anyone know if there is a charging pod available?

And, the media dock that has a battery slot for charging spare battery - can it charge the extended battery too? or just a regular size battery?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I agree that the bulk is not that bad. So far I haven't had the need to use the extended battery but I always have it with me wherever I go, just in case.

When I had a spare battery for Samsung Fascinate, it came with a charging pod which enabled me to recharge the spare battery in the pod while charging the battery in the phone at the same time. Does anyone know if there is a charging pod available?

And, the media dock that has a battery slot for charging spare battery - can it charge the extended battery too? or just a regular size battery?

prakash, I have only seen THIS ONE FROM SEIDIO that describs what you want. The descrption says you can charge the battery and has a USB for chaging the phone at the same time.

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I can't understand how can anyone have this phone in a LTE Area without using the extended battery!

I know it might seem "bulky" for some, but I rather carry somewhat of a bulky phone than a phone dying on me 3 times a day.

Even with this extended battery I don't get a full day of battery for my Thunderbolt. As soon as Seidio comes out with the 3500mah battery I'll be purchasing that one!

ITS A MUST for me. :D

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the extended battery has been amazing compared to stock. Last night at 85% I took it off the charger to go out at 10pm. 19 hours later and the battery is now down to 15%. That includes 6 hours of sleeping, but the rest was heavy usage. Lots of photo taking, video shooting, emailing of videos and photos, facebook, twitter, browsing, foursqaure (GPS on), few phone calls and some gaming. much heavier use than I did with the stock battery. And all of it was on 4G too. Sure, it's a little bulkier, but I'll take the tradeoff for this kind of performance!

az30

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the extended battery today- took a while to finally get one b/c everywhere around Fairfax was sold out- at least according to the rep who said it's sold out nationwide and he could order one for me haha.

I've seen pictures of the ext battery and it looks a lot better in person. It does give the phone a lot more weight, but being able to know the phone will last the whole day is well worth it.

I modified my cheap silicon case that I bought off Amazon to fit the phone and it fits snug. I need to trim it a little more aka straighten the lines up, but Im happy with it.

Here is a quick picture of it..

Reactions: Chrisy

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the bulge.. and I'm talking a about the extended battery door.... But my only "complaint" is the incompatibility with the car dock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mo-bile#AC

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
First full day test yesterday out and about all day away from a charger. Lots of emailing, texting, pictures, facebook, foursquare, twitter, maps, gps, calls, etc...basically, lots of data use on 4G all day long. Unplugged at 10:30am at 100%. At 11:30pm I got the 15% warning. Even today, it's been unplugged for an hour and a half and hasn't dropped below 100% yet. I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I contemplated the extended pack, but chose seidios 1600 mAh pack. So far its been great, moderate gaming, email, surfing with flash and pandora. I would say moderate to heavy use for 11-12 hours and I end up with 30% at the end of the day.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
when you first got the ext. battery did you turn your phone off and charge for 8 hours, or just charge it while it was on. does it matter?

lapeter

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the "extra" weight, I weighed my TB with the regular battery and with the extended battery. Both weighs had the case on the TB. Regular battery 7 ounces. Extended battery 8 ounces. almost negligible.

I just picked up the extended battery today- took a while to finally get one b/c everywhere around Fairfax was sold out- at least according to the rep who said it's sold out nationwide and he could order one for me haha.

I've seen pictures of the ext battery and it looks a lot better in person. It does give the phone a lot more weight, but being able to know the phone will last the whole day is well worth it.

I modified my cheap silicon case that I bought off Amazon to fit the phone and it fits snug. I need to trim it a little more aka straighten the lines up, but Im happy with it.

Here is a quick picture of it..

Reactions: Chrisy

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I can't understand how can anyone have this phone in a LTE Area without using the extended battery!

I know it might seem "bulky" for some, but I rather carry somewhat of a bulky phone than a phone dying on me 3 times a day.

Even with this extended battery I don't get a full day of battery for my Thunderbolt. As soon as Seidio comes out with the 3500mah battery I'll be purchasing that one!

ITS A MUST for me. :D

If you're just leaving the LTE radio on all the time while not actually using your TBolt on the internet, I could see this being the case. Just use the HTC Mobile Network widget. LTE turns on/off in a flash. Also, dial down your apps so they aren't checking for updates every 15 minutes (unless you really need that for some reason).

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
when you first got the ext. battery did you turn your phone off and charge for 8 hours, or just charge it while it was on. does it matter?
Yeah I did, plus the additional 2-3 once the green led came on like it says. I dont know that it matters, I have heard a lot of talk about Lion's not holding a memory but, it seems to me that it has been getting better with every full charge.
Once I feel that it is seasoned enough Im going to purge the batter cache file and see if that works to make it last longer also.

doobie581

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
can anyone here recommend a case that will fit the extended battery (non leather pouch types)??? i've been looking everywhere but can't find one :(

would love something along the lines of an otterbox or the seidio one out now...

anyone???

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
anyone know any good side pouches with a belt clip that will fit the extended battery? a vertical one is preferred

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang, help me out? Where are you seeing this battery available?

Also, any news on a secondary battery charge? For my last two phones I used a cradle charger that had a spot for a second battery to be charged. Already missing that ...