SGP Ultra Crystal Sizing Issue?

ejweber

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was dead set on buying the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector for my Thunderbolt before reading the Amazon reviews. While one reviewer claims his protector turned out to be too big, a couple more claim theirs to be noticeably smaller than the screen. Has anyone had serious sizing issues with this protector? Also, can this protector be bought at any retail locations?

Last edited:

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just received mine on Friday. The fit is perfect. I haven't measured it but its within .010" to .020" of the edges.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Fit is fine on my phone. I usually HATE screen protectors as they grip my finger too much and make the tactile sensation a lot worse. This one, though, is fantastic. People can't even tell it has a SP on the phone and the touch sensation is almost identical to the glass. It's quite awesome.

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen this brand in retail stores but their shipping is super fast and its cheaper than driving around town to search for them.

Last edited:

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the ultra fine one (antiglare/antifingerprint) and it fits perfectly I did hear that the ultra fine and ultra crystal or whatever it's called are cut differently though.

Dmitri#AC

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I got one; it fits great and is ridiculously clear. Kind of funny, though, I checked out the reviews and all the ones reviewing it highly got marked down (as in saying the review wasn't helpful) while all 1 star reviews (including the one saying the screen was much larger than the phone, itself) got marked up? I've talked to several people who have the screen and not one has had a problem with size. Does this make sense to anyone else?

JManangan

Jan 28, 2011
www.johnmanangan.com
I have the Ultra Crystal on right nite and I love it! You can't even tell that there is a SP applied.

Had the same one on my iPhone 4 for year and had no problems with peeling, bubbling, or yellowing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

happymama23

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Ultra Crystal from Amazon. No sizing issue here. At first I thought it was cut too small but after re-aligning it correctly, it fits perfectly. I can see why they're so highly recommended! Love it!

ISUVetMed

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Everyone here says it "fits perfectly" and yes it fits as it is suppose to. I have had 6 of them for 3 thunderbolts and I can say they are very nice. They dont however fit "perfect" they are intentionally cut like 1-2mm all the way around smaller to aid in installation. With a case on you cant tell, but there is a 1-2mm area on the sides and probably closer to a 2mm area on the top or bottom depending on how you install it. I highly recommend them still but they arent going to fit your glass to the mm. This is how they were designed according to their website.

JC4131a

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I want a screen that protects while not having any noticeable affect on touching. I think I should get the fine crystal one. Can anyone who has gotten the fine crystal screen confirm the lack of effect on touching?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech