Head Phones For Thunderbolt? Diddy Beats?

Pzyborg

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I already had the BOSE MIE2 headphone's, the ones for the ipod and they work great with my Thunderbolt! I can even answer calls and talk with these and control the music.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit concerned after reading this. I have been in the market for a decent pair of headphones for a while and recently began looking at some of the higher end gaming headsets for my PS3. Astro has a pair of earbuds that looks similar to one of the editions of the beats by dre headsets which have a standard 3.5 jack and usb adapter for use with ps3. Just ordered yesterday. Hope they're gonna work.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Madness - Yes, they work great! Crystal clear calls and can handle SRS enhancements very well. I know 140$ is a bit too much, but considering they have an awesome build quality (BOSE Warranty) and give you true surround sound they are well worth ponying up the cash for.

I could not find any other headphone set available at BBuy that would work to be honest. I had the sales rep open 4 packages (all high end headphones with mic) and neither worked till we finally tried these without the Apple controls which all the others did.

Interestingly enough, we tried out the Dre Beats headphone's on an Evo4G he had there and they worked, but not on the TB. We tried them on an Epic4G and they also didn't work which was a relief for me considering I was about to return the phone thinking mine was faulty. Even if you don't decide to get the one's i'm highly recommending, make sure when looking around for alternatives that they don't have the Apple volume controls or have the iPod/iPhone images on the box. They will not work! Best of luck and look forward to hearing what you think of the BOSE headphones if you get them.

Thanks!! I'll think I may get them and let you no what I think. Does the mic cancel out other noise fairly well?

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Not calling you a liar, but do want to say that the one's on display at BBuy didn't. Not sure what it could be, but the standard ones did (no volume control)

I already had the BOSE MIE2 headphone's, the ones for the ipod and they work great with my Thunderbolt! I can even answer calls and talk with these and control the music.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, but I'm wanting good head phones that alllow me to make a call to. I was afraid the diddy beats would fail in the mic department. What is the srs enhancement? Is that a feature in the sound settings?

Does anyone know what the srs enhancement is? Do you get this with the Bose? Is it a player from app store you download? Any help please. I know will be somewhat limited... I have volume all the way up in in settings for media...is this the only and best thing you can do?

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The Diddy Beats headphones are awesome. I have a pair myself and they are sooooo comfortable. I just tried calling my fiancee and she couldn't hear me so the mic def doesn't work with it. Make sure you select the srs enhancement when using headphones btw cuz it sounds amazing.

Whooopss....meant to quote this one when asking about SRS enhancement

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Whooopss....meant to quote this one when asking about SRS enhancement

It's in the stock music player. When you start playing a song there's a little icon to the right of "Now playing" that looks like a double sided wifi. Just click on it and it pulls up options for srs enhancement and an equalizer for headphones.

Reactions: thamadness

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's in the stock music player. When you start playing a song there's a little icon to the right of "Now playing" that looks like a double sided wifi. Just click on it and it pulls up options for srs enhancement and an equalizer for headphones.

I'm assuming this only works with tracks you've imported into your phone? Not internet radio or pandora etc...???

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming this only works with tracks you've imported into your phone? Not internet radio or pandora etc...???

I just checked pandora and I couldn't find the same options. The only thing I saw was an option to choose a higher quality sound but it said it may have skips..I'm assuming this is only on their 3g network though. I'm pretty sure the 4g network can handle the increase in bandwith.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I just checked pandora and I couldn't find the same options. The only thing I saw was an option to choose a higher quality sound but it said it may have skips..I'm assuming this is only on their 3g network though. I'm pretty sure the 4g network can handle the increase in bandwith.

I don't think it's available via Pandora/Slacker and the 3G network here in Los Angeles can handle the higher quality sound without skips. Subscribed to this since I want some good ones too. In ear headphones/bugs suck to me and end up hurting after about 20 minutes so this is good information. Keep it coming!

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
so I picked up the Bose ear buds which were reccomended... They work great! Sound great! Was able to use SRS enhancement, which makes huge difference. Good call quality. Super comfortable! The only complaint I have....I wish HTC would give the volume a few more notches so you could really crank it if you wanted. I personally don't think it outputs a lot of sound power, even with media all the way up in settings.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
so I picked up the Bose ear buds which were reccomended... They work great! Sound great! Was able to use SRS enhancement, which makes huge difference. Good call quality. Super comfortable! The only complaint I have....I wish HTC would give the volume a few more notches so you could really crank it if you wanted. I personally don't think it outputs a lot of sound power, even with media all the way up in settings.

if you're talking about the bose IEM it is not very well reviewed. from my short trail at the store, it does not create a very good seal at all, which would make it seem like it is not very loud as a lot of sound leakage. if you need it to be louder, a portable amp can be bought from amazon for around 20$. this will let you crank the volume up.

Last edited:

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Also from my experience, Monster headsets over-exaggerate on bass, do not stay in ear nearly as well, and does not isolate sound as well either. I currently am using ultimate ears triple.fi 10vi and the control on the headsets work with the thunderbolt if anyone is interested.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The ones I picked up where the MIE2 - Bose In Ear MIE2 Mobile Headset at Abt I PERSONALLY think they sound really good. They are in secure, no sounds leaking out, in fact they are the best fitting pair of bud earphones I've used/had. I'm not trying to get in a debate with you about reviews, not having a good seal and lugging around a portable amp from amazon, was talking about an app from the market place. Just letting others know what worked for me since options on the market are fairly limited.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The ones I picked up where the MIE2 - Bose In Ear MIE2 Mobile Headset at Abt I PERSONALLY think they sound really good. They are in secure, no sounds leaking out, in fact they are the best fitting pair of bud earphones I've used/had. I'm not trying to get in a debate with you about reviews, not having a good seal and lugging around a portable amp from amazon, was talking about an app from the market place. Just letting others know what worked for me since options on the market are fairly limited.

Bose MIE2 In-ear Headphones Review - HeadphoneInfo.com
Bose MIE2 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

and i was saying, it leaks sound. this makes it sound like it isn't loud enough because you can hear background noise. try it with an iem and i am sure it is loud enough with the same app. i was giving you the only option i knew off to make it louder than it currently is.

also, i did not comment on the sound quality at all since this is not an audiophile forum.

Pzyborg

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Not calling you a liar, but do want to say that the one's on display at BBuy didn't. Not sure what it could be, but the standard ones did (no volume control)

No, I understand. I bought mine originally for my Droid X and at the time I was told specifically to get the ipod one's. They worked great. And when I got the Thunderbolt I just assumed they would work just as well and they did. I'm just telling you I have them, and they work well with the Thunderbolt.

E90 Commie

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Grado since many years back and SR225i is what I recommend. They are very well sounding and has a nice impedance for mobile devices (32 Ohm). But now I'm using my RS2 for the Thunderbolt and it's works great.

The SR225i sounds much better than a pair of Bose Triports (I tried them when I was shopping for new headphones and the sound was downright awful for my ears - muddy bass, laid back midrange and muddy treble). The Grados are a bit on the bright side but has a nice bass, clear midrange and very clear treble. With slight EQing in PowerAMP they sounds really good.

Another option is a pair of Sennheiser. They have a warmer sound than the Grados, more laid back but very nice signature.

AKG is another good choice.

One important recommendation: try for everything in the world different headphones before buying Bose. For those living in the NYC area I strongly recommend a visit to the J&R Music World or B&H Photo Video for headphone shopping. Very good stores - highly recommended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes