Anyone know if these screen protectors are good?

jammy26

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 5-pack EZGuards from Amazon and am disappointed. It's been tough to get rid of the bubbles trapped underneath even after careful installation and giving it a few days to settle. The product itself has a rubbery touch to it and although I still have it on my Bolt currently, I plan to get rid of it as soon as I find a better one. Probably the SGP Ultra Fine or Crystal if I don't find a better and economical alternative.

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It is anti lotion I think? I heard it is the most sticky out of the three, so I'll break them down.
Crystal - Really clear, rated the hardest, but still leaves fingerprints
Ultra Fine - Anti-Fingerprint/Glare - Lowers the screen quality a tiny bit, but leaves very little fingerprints, very slick.
Oleophobic - Don't really know, but it seems like it's anti grease and lotion, but least slick.

I own the Ultra Fine.

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It is anti lotion I think? I heard it is the most sticky out of the three, so I'll break them down.
Crystal - Really clear, rated the hardest, but still leaves fingerprints
Ultra Fine - Anti-Fingerprint/Glare - Lowers the screen quality a tiny bit, but leaves very little fingerprints, very slick.
Oleophobic - Don't really know, but it seems like it's anti grease and lotion, but least slick.

I own the Ultra Fine.

Oleophobic is essentially an anti-oil coating similar to what the iPhone 3/3GS (don't know whether the iPhone 4 has it or not, maybe?) had to eliminate smudges left by moist/oily fingers.

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Oleophobic is essentially an anti-oil coating similar to what the iPhone 3/3GS (don't know whether the iPhone 4 has it or not, maybe?) had to eliminate smudges left by moist/oily fingers.
Correct. I tried the Crystal one, it doesn't attract that much, but it still does. I decided to try the Oleophobic one and it works very well. Its still clear and it does what it says.

It still builds up some oil but one quick swipe with a shirt and its gone.

jammy26

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead with the SGP Ultra Crystal since I prefer to maintain the original clarity of the screen. The Ultra Fine (Frosty Look) also looks like a good option. Check out videos online that show application and reviews of each of these 3 types. They can help you make up your mind if you are still on the fence. It would've been great if they had combo packs with both pieces being a different kind, but no big deal. I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Also, Amazon has free standard shipping on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37