VZW car dock

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
so I just got my VZW car dock today, for anyone else who has this, is your phone really difficult to get in and out of the dock? When I put my phone in the dock so it is level with the dock, it is nearly impossible to get out without removing it from the windshield first. The problem seems to be the charger port thing, it doesnt want to go in out out of them phone.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
i had same issue when i first used mine. it gets easier the more you use it.

Also, to get it to go in easier i put the top/left side in first, the "snap" the bottom/charger side in. If it doesn't "click" or "snap" in, it isn't in all the way and car mode won't work.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i had same issue when i first used mine. it gets easier the more you use it.

Also, to get it to go in easier i put the top/left side in first, the "snap" the bottom/charger side in. If it doesn't "click" or "snap" in, it isn't in all the way and car mode won't work.

That's what I do. And it's not that difficult to remove although it does lock in place. I just use both hands and carefully pull it out. It takes some effort but I can deal with it. My car dock is as tight as it goes and the arm wobbles a bit but nothing is perfect. It doesn't help that I drive a 08 Honda Civic EX that has a sport style suspension so the ride is more "handling" improved and less comfortability. :cool:

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
alright, I was hoping it would start to get easier, maybe I'll just sit there tonight and take it in and out of the dock for hours on end, not really though...

brett328

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a fix for the jiggle/vibration problem. I had an igrip windshield mount for my BB 8330. The windshield suction cup portion will mount directly to the verizon TB cradle. Its actually an igrip part. Now the whole mechanism is solid, no wobble or vibration. A much superior mount solution. Of course if you never had the igrip windshield mount for the BB 8330, you would have to buy it. But it will work seamlessly and provide for absolutely zero vibration.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a fix for the jiggle/vibration problem. I had an igrip windshield mount for my BB 8330. The windshield suction cup portion will mount directly to the verizon TB cradle. Its actually an igrip part. Now the whole mechanism is solid, no wobble or vibration. A much superior mount solution. Of course if you never had the igrip windshield mount for the BB 8330, you would have to buy it. But it will work seamlessly and provide for absolutely zero vibration.

Link me please!:cool:

tino72

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i returned my car mount, it just kept falling off the window? when retracting it in to suck in it doesnt really move much so the suction seems weak? swapped it out same problem..seems very cheap, my Droidx mount worked much better

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
ill just say this because my wife was complaining bout puttin her droid 2 in her car dock(similar verizon cardock) an she wasnt pushin up that top lock part when puttin in her phone.....

im sure you guys are aware, but if not just pointing that out.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i returned my car mount, it just kept falling off the window? when retracting it in to suck in it doesnt really move much so the suction seems weak? swapped it out same problem..seems very cheap, my Droidx mount worked much better

I had the same problem but you can remove it from the window and see how the pressure lever moves into securing position. Once you figure this out again, put it on the window. It will take a bit of force to attach and you'll even feel the click when pushing it towards the window. I feel like it sticks better than any dock so far because of this.

Sorry, but you're doing it wrong.