OMG this case is a huge BEAST. This is Seido's Platinum Defense TRIPLE case. YES its THREE case's plus a belt clip and the phone can wear all three cases at once. It includes the Innocase surface-2 case Plus a rubber over case Plus the snap on hard over case Plus the belt clip SHEESH !! Its amazing triple layer protection makes the phone huge but oddly its very cool looking with its camera lens, USB and ear phone plugs. Its big but somehow not heavy or annoying. I doubt the phone could ever be broken in a simple drop to concrete in this case, Its like a Hummer for your Thunderbolt. Check out the pics, click on the pics to make larger. $49 at Best Buy.
    KenDroid and Bearly like this.
    04-06-2011 01:31 AM
    Good lord... Wouldn't it make more sense to skip the protection at this point and get an extended battery? I mean seriously... that seems thicker than the extended battery!
    04-06-2011 02:01 AM
    When in doubt... double bag it. When you REALLY REALLY want to protect it... TRIPLE BAG IT.
    04-06-2011 02:13 AM
    Im surprised the phone didnt have 6 screen guards on it. As might as well find some ghost armor (or saran wrap) to wrap the whole phone in after that. Yeesh. At some point, its just overkill.
    04-06-2011 02:24 AM
    That thing looks like something the military would carry. Lol.

Kind of cool, but way to big for me.
    04-06-2011 04:58 AM
    I've got a laptop smaller than that...LOL. J/K.
    I saw that case, I can see it being viable for construction, etc., but for most of us office geeks, that's WAY overkill.
    I'm waiting on the Active X Case/Belt clip to go down in price.
    04-06-2011 05:24 AM
    That thing looks like something the military would carry. Lol.

Kind of cool, but way to big for me.
    Actually, the windows mobile-based secure key loader is bigger than that.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    04-06-2011 05:40 AM
    I was waiting for something like this. I work outside mostly and go in and out of my truck all the time and sometimes the phone(while on the belt clip) gets snagged on something and falls to the ground. Sturdier protection would be ideal for me!
    04-06-2011 06:18 AM
    This case is awesome. I had it for my Incredible and it made the phone very easy to hold and about the same size as the Thunderbolt, length and width wise. But it did make my Incredible even thicker than the TB. I have my Seidio Innocase Rugged on order for my TB and I should receive it today. I am a little worried that it'll make it too big.

When I had my Incredible, I never worried about dropping it. I mainly used it when I was doing outdoor activities though.

seidioonline.com
    04-06-2011 06:44 AM
    if you need that, just leave the phone at home in a glass case. an if you go places get the pope glass case car lol
    04-06-2011 07:29 AM
    Thats pretty crazy...the seidio innocase II gets the job done for me...
    P.S. This thread belongs in the Accessories Section...
    04-06-2011 07:52 AM
    So the Active X case does NOT cover the camera lens, right? And this one does?

Does the hard plastic material feel slippery at all?
    04-07-2011 06:05 PM
    So the Active X case does NOT cover the camera lens, right? And this one does?

Does the hard plastic material feel slippery at all?
    Active X has no lens cover. No not slippery at all. The lens cover is really sweet. That little tit on the lens cover goes into the little hole you see to keep it folded back when you want to use the camera.
    04-08-2011 01:40 AM
    Take a look at the pouches from "Tools For Stagecraft". I believe they are the "Ripoff" line. (That's a trademark, not a slur).
    www.toolsforstagecraft.com 818-707-2656. Been using one for my Treo for years and Mirabile Dictu! It fits the Thunderbolt in the rubber surround from VZ, And with the extended battery, too. (I confess, I cut the back out of the surround case to fit the big batt. Works jes' fine).

The clip on the case securely locks over the belt, and is damn near impossible to accidentally pop off the belt. Even holds on pants with no belt. I don't work for them, just wish I had thought of them.

My $.02 worth.

-- Doc
    04-23-2011 01:09 PM
    soon as they make the extended cases, im getting the rugged case. Thickness is no concern at this point.
    04-23-2011 05:09 PM
    Does it have a hard plastic built in screen protector like the trident kraken or otterbox defender? That is what I need. I work in a harsh saltwater
    environment and need access to my phone for work and safety....
    04-24-2011 09:01 AM
    Im surprised the phone didnt have 6 screen guards on it. As might as well find some ghost armor (or saran wrap) to wrap the whole phone in after that. Yeesh. At some point, its just overkill.
    I think I accidentally deleted my own reply.../facepalm

What I had meant to say was!

If that's that case, then I totally won hands down, worry guys! My King's too much hunka lovins!

And, somehowww, I quoted the wrong post.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2013 10:21 PM
    Wish. Sorry guys. The old ac app is throwing my responses everywhere.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2013 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD