Motorola MOTOROKR S10HD Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
i have the S9 ... i woudlnt buy it for working out.

pros: love the wireless, good bass
cons: doesn't seal well, sweat will mess up the controls, sweat will trickle into your ear (annoying as ****)

base on that picture, the red part where it curves around onto your ear .. the sweat will get into there and mess up the controls. Mines will continuously trigger the volume up or down while working out. another pain in the ass is that where the curve part where it hooks around your ear, that will allow sweat to trickle down on that section to the ear buds and sweat will just sit in your ear. and the ear buds are not rust proof. I constantly have to wipe it down while working out. I clean it once a week and there will be rust on the buds itself if you remove the tips. tips sucks too. hard to get on but easy to come off.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i have the s10 too the sound quality sucks and is really tight plus its hurts your ears after a while but other than that they're ok.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I haven't tried the S10, but I've owned most (it seems) of the BT headphones made and so far the Moto S9's (non-HD) were my favorite overall...at least S10's until I accidentally ran them through the washing machine...ugh! Anyway, I would expect the S10's to be at least as good as the S9.

The main thing I've learned with stereo BT headphones is that they ALL have certain issues and NONE of them are built to last, so get one that sounds good and is comfortable, and use them until they die, which in my experience is about 6 months or so.

Avoid the Plantronics Backbeat 903/906. They are the worst ones I've had. Horribly uncomfortable, bad sound, bad range, awkward controls... They have lasted a long time, but that's probably because I hardly ever use them, because I hate them.

They're in a different class, but the Jabra Halo is also a bit of a fail. They sound great, but they don't stay on your head (when you lean forward they fall off), operation is funky and lame, touch controls don't work right, and the charging port is flaky.

They don't make them anymore, but I really liked the Moto S7's until they started freaking out on me after about 9 months.

Anyway, like I said, don't buy any of them expecting perfection and long life. It's just not there. They're all pretty much disposable, just like most things these days it seems.

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
S9-HD is now waiting for warranty replacement. Volume up is no longer working mostliekly due to sweat.

Just bought the Motorolla ROKR S305. Gonna test them out tonight at the gym. So far fit wise .. a lot more comfortable than the S9, which is gonna be similar to the S10.

djcpronet

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So this guy asks for help, and you guys ramble on with sweat complaints and product reviews. Some of the reviews were even for the s9 and s9hd, when this is clearly about the s10. Anyway, my s10hds aren't pairing with my htc inspire 4g either. Any ideas?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So this guy asks for help, and you guys ramble on with sweat complaints and product reviews. Some of the reviews were even for the s9 and s9hd, when this is clearly about the s10. Anyway, my s10hds aren't pairing with my htc inspire 4g either. Any ideas?

Because he stated that he wants to use these for working out and such.

Duh?

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

and if you actually took a look at the S9 and S10, you'd notice that their form factor are nearly identical. also the fact that he's using it for working out and such .. S9's reviews is relevant as S9's feature are identical with the S10. Main feature to watch for working out is sweat proof ... duh? S9's current problem can be reproduce in the S10 unless the S10 is fully sealed which no where it states that it is fully sealed.

BFBrazier

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a pair of S-9 HD's and I've had them for almost 2 yrs. I work out 4 - 5 times a week, weight training and cardio. I have not had a single problem with them. I had the regular S-9's first and I went through 2 pair within the first year due to sweat but no problems, whatsoever with the S-9 HD's.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Good to hear a few have/had no problems with the S9 also HD. I had all models prior to the S10 HD, they all failed after 2 to 3 months. I was taking them back to best buys every 2 to 3 months for exchange. I quit buying them when Best buy quit selling an extended warranty on them. They are flawed, and not good for working out. I would bet money the S10 HD are the same. Why won't Motorola fix this known problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22