Info on Scosche Wired Headsets

anon(4832164)

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for a decent in ear headset to use on the plane next week and noticed Newegg and a Scosche on sale for 17.99. I called Scosche and talked to their Tech support and found out the TapLINE and TapLINE II controls don't work on most Android phones. He did recommend several headsets with slideLINE controls that work on the HTC ThunderBolt. A little more than I want to spend right now, but I thought I would pass on the info. Basically any of the headsets with slideLINE work fine, here are the part numbers he gave me as examples:

IDR422m
IDR653md
IDR353md

JJQuin

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Scosche headsets that Verizon has on sale for my Samsung Charge (IDR 355md). The box says "works with Android, blah, blah, blah". Yeah, they work as headphones, but do not work with the phone system. I can hear the other party, but they can't hear me. (I've made sure the plug is all the way in). They work with my friend's iPhone, but not with my Charge or with 2 other Android phones other friends have.

Verizon's website says these work with my phone and the box says they work with Androids. Why do they bother to mislabel them? Hope they like returns. What a waste of time. Idiots.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
BTW, what really upsets me about the Scosche buds is that they are the absolute BEST sounding set of buds I've ever had. That includes two sets of Koss's and SkullCandy buds. I'm going to call Scosche tomorrow and see if the alternate buds have the same audio quality as these do. Hope so.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance