I need to get some new batteries and was wondering if you would recommend the 2 1700 or the 3 1500 batteries. Also will these off brand ones fit in the original backing and will they damage the phone at all?
    06-11-2011 07:45 PM
    They will fit and probably will not harm the phone but they have no more battery capacity than the OEM 1400 mAh battery and, in my experience, will not last as long as the OEMs warrantied by Verizon. All three of the eBay type batteries I have bought in the past have become warped and bloated over time but I didn't use them long enough to have the leak into my phone. Seidio and Mugen batteries are better than the the cheap ones on eBay, but, in my experience, Seidio batteries are not as good as OEMs, but more expensive.
    NotJustAPhone and SoDev like this.
    06-11-2011 08:27 PM
    What rob said.

I have the 3 1500's for $12 with a wall charger deal. So little investment that if they don't last long term, so what, and if they do it's a great deal. I can't really tell if I have the stock battery or one of the cheap ones in currently. Mentally, the stock ones last longer, but I can't really tell. I've had bubble in batteries in the past before also, but never had them leak or damage a phone. I don't think using them would ever actually harm the phone unless it was really neglected or a very rare case.

I'd recommend the better value. I'd probably take 2 1700's cheapies for $12 over 3 1500's for $12, but I have not seen that deal. Everything for the 1700's has been $15-$20 more even for the cheap ones.

Let us know if anyone finds a sub $15 dollar 2+ 1700's deal.
    06-12-2011 12:12 PM
    Thanks guys. I have only seen the 2 1700 for about $24 so I think I will go with the 3 1500s. Thanks for yor help
    06-12-2011 12:48 PM
    I've been using the HTC Express 1700's for about a month with no trouble, I have no hard data to back me up, but they do actually seem to have at least a little more capacity than stock. The important thing though is just to have an extra or two!
    SoDev likes this.
    06-13-2011 02:14 AM
    I've been using the HTC Express 1700's for about a month with no trouble, I have no hard data to back me up, but they do actually seem to have at least a little more capacity than stock. The important thing though is just to have an extra or two!
    Just got the HTC express 2 x1700.

Charging them now. I hope they give me an hour or so longer.
    Either way, like you guys said. Having three batteries now (1x1400, 2x1700) even if the 1700 ones last as long as a 1400, I am still better off.

Anyone heard news or have a way to find out if these truly are 1700 mHa? Some test/app?
    08-04-2011 04:53 PM
    I'd be interested to know how they last in say 4-6 months, that's the real test, because i noticed that cheap batteries seem to do okay at first, and then start to lose capacity as time goes on faster than oem, though that could just be my bad luck.
    08-05-2011 10:51 AM
    I'd be interested to know how they last in say 4-6 months, that's the real test, because i noticed that cheap batteries seem to do okay at first, and then start to lose capacity as time goes on faster than oem, though that could just be my bad luck.
    That's been my experience too, and not just with cheap batteries but also with the more expensive Seidio batteries as well.

Thanks, Robrecht
    08-05-2011 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD